Avalanche transciever

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked at the ortovox S1 and it looks very good and user friendly. more expensivethan the rest but could make life very easy. I'm getting one. Check it out!

I bought 2 of them. Yes they are a little more expensive but very user friendly and quick.

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need to automatically switch to transmit if you are buried searching for a buddy. the SOS doesn't.....

I don't pretend to be an expert and practise often but I do not know about this feature with the other beacons out there. Check it out....[/QUOTE]

How do you search for a buddy when you are buried?? SOS are always set for transmit as soon as you plug in and turn the key on the strap you have to manually switch to search which I hope to GOD I never have the call for. :nono::nono:

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taken the avy course from Zacstracs and have found that the Barryvox pulse is the best unit from my assessment. I used the S1 in the avy course and found the screen to fade out in colder temps making a locate impossible. And yes, I changed the batteries.

inside

Reaction score
Just bought a Pieps, seem easy to use, and the software is upgradeable...thought that seemed nice to know.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need to automatically switch to transmit if you are buried searching for a buddy. the SOS doesn't.....

I don't pretend to be an expert and practise often but I do not know about this feature with the other beacons out there. Check it out....

How do you search for a buddy when you are buried?? SOS are always set for transmit as soon as you plug in and turn the key on the strap you have to manually switch to search which I hope to GOD I never have the call for. :nono::nono:[/QUOTE]

How does someone find you if you are in search and get hit by another avalanche? i have the SOS and don't like that it won't switch to send after a few minutes of inactivity...such as being buried. The tracker will switch to send.

Top Bottom