Avalanche Course

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
I just finished the Avalanche course this past weekend and I have nothing but good reviews. Thank you Tri County for offering this course and helping keep us safer while in the hills. Before the course we thought that we were good with the beacon work "wrong" finding single beacons was OK at best and with multi beacon we were hopeless. After many hours of small group instruction and hands on practice we can find several beacons consistently. With this training and proper equipment if things go south in the hills we are not helpless this is a good feeling and a lot better than I have the equipment but don't know how to us it or I don't need the training or equipment becouse I'm Invincible. Special thanks to Lori & Randy from Zac's Tracks, Brian & Tri County Snowmolile Club. Don't fool yourself an online course can't possibly give the same results as Zac's Tracks the beacon work itself is worth the price of admission.

Smiley

Reaction score
Well Put Lost, but in addition to you knowing how to use all of the gear make sure that the people that you ride with not only have the gear but also have to know how.
Very well Done course Lori & Randy Zac's Tracks, the time just flew by.

PS here is some food for thought if you are riding in a group that drinks on the hill ( not talking about 1 or 2 but the ones that drink a case ) (OR FEEL THE NEED TO DRINK IN CLASS!!!!!) Are thoes the people that you are trusting to find you when you are caught............

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always ride sober so will be able to find you anytime Smiley.:):):D:D

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya , what was with the drinking on class time on the hill on Fri.? Do some people have NO respect for the others in class? great example for the younger riders eeeeehhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! my more than $.02

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I cant believe people would be drinking any booze during the course,Let me be the first do dis them.There lack of respect is pathetic.Ok that being said,I completly agree with you guys,the course is awsome and shows you things that could save lives.Thanks for starting this thread lost,It is a scary thing and you will never have enough education but the more the better.Take the course.
catmando!

Smiley

Reaction score
I think that Yes everyone should take the course but hey get your ridding buddies to take it with you. Also really watch what kind of gear your buds are carrying. The gear that they have is not only for them but will also be used to find you. This kind of stuff would make great x-mas presents. Remember to look at the bigger pic.
Take care guys~!!!!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Put Lost, but in addition to you knowing how to use all of the gear make sure that the people that you ride with not only have the gear but also have to know how.
Very well Done course Lori & Randy Zac's Tracks, the time just flew by.

PS here is some food for thought if you are riding in a group that drinks on the hill ( not talking about 1 or 2 but the ones that drink a case ) (OR FEEL THE NEED TO DRINK IN CLASS!!!!!) Are thoes the people that you are trusting to find you when you are caught............

We did the same course in Valemount, great course I agree totally. P.S we had a drunk group as well, which one of them bragged he was a dentist and how they drove drunk all the way to Valemount. I get the boys in the cheap seats drinking but the driver is retarded. In this day and age have we not learned anything. I was very discusted by this mentality, especially coming from a so called educated Doctor. The best part for me was when a young fella from Delburne said to me drinking and sledding don't mix, save it for the hotel. Pretty bad when a 18 year old kid out smarts a 55 year old highly educated Doctor. Sorry for the rant but highly educated stupid people get me fired up.:nono:

Smiley

Reaction score
Hey OverKill19 we were in the same class.
lol

I feel bad for Lori, she is not there to babysit and should not have to!!!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys and gals,

Who has the course or numbers to get info on it. Thanks

Top Bottom