Avalanche Course Feb 22,2009, Fort Saskatchawan

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek:... You can back off the throttle a bit... Some of us working OUT of TOWN ! I would of cared to attend... Butts the work thing for Now ! Thks for the opportunity. :):beer:[/QUOTE]

Rightfully said Bigfoot....I find out tomorrow morning if we gonna layout directional tools on this bit trip or slap new bit on and run back in to keep drilling ahead. If I'm home I would like to attend the Avy class.

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
i think there was 103 registered in Grande Prairie.

With all the last minute registrations we ended up with 112 participants in GP. Being so close to Edmonton and all the northern Alberta sledders, I had thought that this class at the Fort might surpass the Grande Prairie class. Maybe next fall.

In any case, I added a little fire icon...that is to light the fire under the butts of your riding group....training can't get much more convenient and inexpensive than this. We do our best to travel to interested communities, but require a good class size to keep the prices per person economical.

One thing about avalanche classes on years with dangerous snowpacks.... the snowpits sure are interesting. It has been a great learning experience to view the January Rockies snowpack all the way from Fernie north to the Kakwa. Our students have had the opportunity to view almost every conceivable instability this season.

If you are sitting on the fence...what are you waiting for? If you think an avalanche course costs a lot, consider what an accident could cost you.

Once you think about it in these terms it really is hard to put off.
I know, I know, loads of you have a ton of mountain experience. PLEASE, recognize that mountain experience does not equal avalanche experience.

Check out this article on our website.
... Feedback welcome.

Let's say...even if you only learned one thing (and trust me, you will learn a hell of a lot more than one thing!) that could make the difference between your friend living or dieing, wouldn't that be worth the investment?

W.F.O

Reaction score
Whens the next Avy course?

2008 Summit x with ceramic y pipe to ceramic pipe and can v force reeds. holz front arms package and fow floats aswell.

2008 Can-Am renagade with Ron woods stg 2 kit and full race exhaust running 28 mudders next is the turbo upgrade from the boys in olds.

2008 toyota tundra TRD. TRD Cold air and TRD EXhaust

2004.5 Dodge 3500 cummins. ATS 3000 turbo with ATS stg 6 Tranny along with 5 star tourqe converter and co-pilot. Banks high ram intercooler and intake. 90 horse tips, FASS fuel system, Smarty with predator fuel booster.

Top Bottom