automotive customers

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this was mentioned in previous thread about the bad customer so i thought id start it....
used to do transmissions both warranty and retail.....
had a complaint from a customer who had a fairly long driveway and he liked to back out of it cause it was easier than turning around near the house complaint was it wouldnt go over 55kph in REVERSE

Last edited by a moderator:

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this was mentioned in previous thread about the bad customer so i thought id start it....
used to do transmissions both warranty and retail.....
had a complaint from a customer who had a fairly long driveway and he liked to back out of it cause it was easier than turning around near the house complaint was it wouldnt go over 55kph in REVERSE

Just makes ya shake your head :d

Exactly why I don't work in the Customer service business, many customers strongly believe that saying "the customer is always right" and expect others to bend over backwards for then......................I never bend over for anyone :nono: :d Keep the stories coming, i wish I was a fly on the wall at any customer service desk

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
years ago i worked in a drive through lube shop. One night a woman drives in with her very expensive jeep grand cherokee limited and asked what services we offered. She drove by many times and we always had vehicles lined up outside so she had to come see what the fuss was about. In the end when she found out that changing your oil is a recommended and required service to do on your vehicle so she asked us to pull the plug. When we did nothing came out. The oil was so thick that it would not pour out of the pan. We had to use a coat hanger to work out the lumps of sludge and continue adding and draining oil as well as running a cleaner through. Moral of the story is try not to drive 30 000 plus km on a new vehicle without changing or checking the oil. And if buying a lease back make sure they do a complete inspection including a compression test.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I own/operate a very busy petro-canada certigard service station, and have lots of stories.... Best was still the 710 cap on the engine...... One of the bestest of stories. Everyone heard that one???;)

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rollinglaugh:
I own/operate a very busy petro-canada certigard service station, and have lots of stories.... Best was still the 710 cap on the engine...... One of the bestest of stories. Everyone heard that one???;)

:d:d I love that story

Bucky

Reaction score
I can honestly say I've never heard the 710 story...enlighten me...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
please tell the 710 story, havent heard that one

look at 7I0 upside down.... What does it say?? I'VE HEARD OF THIS AS AN "URBAN LEGEND", BUT IT HAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED A FEW TIMES OVER THE MANY YEARS...... ONE YOUNG LADY ACTUALLY BROUGHT IN THE CAP TO SHOW US(THE CAR WAS DEAD AT THE SIDE OF WYE ROAD)....CAN YOU SEE IT NOW????

hopper146

Reaction score
toooo funny.....worked at a quicky lube place years ago.....went to drain one guys oil....and found a wine cork where the drain plug was supposed to be....haaaa....he said he lost the plug a long time ago and just kept reusing the cork....never leaked either.......damn wino's

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a buddy back in the early 90's, he drove a 90 something t-bird for 3 years and over 80,000 km with out changing the oil. Only found out about it after the engine was making so much noise we told him to go get it checked out at a local shop. He was oblivious, his dad never taught him about it, and no one ever noticed, it was litterally the first time he had even heard of "changing the oil"

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i started working in the auto world before i was even 16 as a good friend of my dads owned a dodge jeep dealership in winnipeg, and i always had a hard on for vehicles. Now at almost 30, working as a sales manger, the things i have seen customers do????

i had a guy take a magnent to a bumper of a brand new van a couple of weeks and yell at the sales person that it was full of bondo!! I had a guy that brought in a trade, and the tranny slipped like crazy, it would just scream in first trying to grab second, then slip, and you could smell the clutches buring, so i told him what it was worth, three days later back, so i go to look at the truck again after he told me he had it fixed, funnel in the box full of trans fluid, and .......saw dust!!!!

i didnt even drive it, told him to keep it!

Top Bottom