ATV vs Gator

pedersdj

Reaction score
I have a 1995 Polaris 300 4x4 bored out with 500 miles on the rebuild. It weighs about 600 pounds without rider and has brand new front tires and 1/2 tread on the rear. my friends gator is a 2008 Gator TS 4x2 it has new tires and pausy lock traction on the rear. it has a 350cc 4 stroke motor and weighs about 1100 pounds with rider. he has a really low tow point and mines about a foot higher. who do you think would win this?

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Win what? A hitch to hitch pulling contest? Most likely the gator seeing as it weighs damn near twice as much. All he really has to do is hold the brakes if they work and the popo ain't going anywhere.

pedersdj

Reaction score
Win what? A hitch to hitch pulling contest? Most likely the gator seeing as it weighs damn near twice as much. All he really has to do is hold the brakes if they work and the popo ain't going anywhere.
yeah, im thinking mine will have more traction though and he hardly ever has any traction anyway plus my hitch point is higher and someone told me that will lift up on the rear end and give him even less traction adding to mine.

pedersdj

Reaction score
who knows? that little 300 pulled my dads 700 twin and my buddys 650 twin 4x4's. it might pull it. gator doesnt have much horse or tourque and 2 wheel drive so it might even out. the 300 has surprised me more than once

Top Bottom