ATV Tracks

mtncat

Reaction score
hey were looking at a set of tracks, are there brands that are better than others. I've phoned lots of dealers, the best so far was TnT in Bonnyville but i'd like a few more opinions. Were gonna put them on a Grizz 660, Can-Am 800, King Quad 700 and Grizz 700.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Buddy of mine tried a couple different brands out. which both ended in disaster riding in the mud with them. The first set was by kimpex. steering pressure was fairly light on is grizz 700, but whenever u side hilled and slid a bit sideways u would put abnormal pressure on the system and run the bogeys out of the track. We got good at putting it back on less than5 min. the other set i belive was mattracks. Steering pressure was huge, and they would come off as well. not as easy to put back on. Hit a stick on trail and the one flipped upside down in fender ripped apart tie rod ends bent brake disc. probably not what u wanted to hear, but they are awsome in snow

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey were looking at a set of tracks, are there brands that are better than others. I've phoned lots of dealers, the best so far was TnT in Bonnyville but i'd like a few more opinions. Were gonna put them on a Grizz 660, Can-Am 800, King Quad 700 and Grizz 700.
Check with Dan @ Riders Connection 780-594-7433

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine (snow only) for three yrs and luv em. For 4 season you only need to look at TATOU 4S or Kimpex Commander Trek series. Best, best, & best. The others are marginal performers/

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it riding with tracks with your 400 ? is it ok ?

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy has 2 tracked quads. 08 Polaris 500HO X2 & 04/05 Polaris 700 twin. I go anyplace he can and my 400HO's performance is what prompted him to go with tracks.

Generally speaking both top speed and fuel economy are cut in half because Tracks are usually geared 30-50% lower than tires.

jansen4383

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Polaris with the Prospector Track Kit. I have used it in four seasons. Be prepard to upgrade a few things. Suspension, Clutch and few minor things. But you will not regret it. There expensive but you go anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 79

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, the higher geared tracks like Prospectors seem to work better with "clutching" where as the lower geared tracks work better with stock clutching. My E-Tatou's are 50% reduction.

Jansen4383, do your front & rear sprockets have the differential gearing, Eg. 16 teeth front - 15 teeth rear or are they the original Kimpex design with the sprockets being the same size?

kingquader

Reaction score

no i would get x gen from swan hills i have them on my 08 king quad 700 and they work awesome but you need to have a chip or pipe if you want the same amount of power

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
overall the 4s tatoo are best, however you have abig list are you looking to buy tracks for all the quads, some of the guys we sell to spllit the cost as some manufacturers sell the tracks and the mount kits separate, but that only works if some are winter users and others are mud boggers ... tatoos are set up that way... i have a set i can put on 4 different units by changing the mount kit - same tracks.

Terry

We have a couple on quads, come down in two weeks and will go testing:d:d:d

menmysportsmn

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Polaris with the Prospector Track Kit. I have used it in four seasons. Be prepard to upgrade a few things. Suspension, Clutch and few minor things. But you will not regret it. There expensive but you go anywhere.

i love you quad wanted the same set up but it was a little out of my buget lol :d:beer:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well do they work with a manual tranny? Honda Foreman ES? Would you ever get into fourth or fifth gear?

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well do they work with a manual tranny? Honda Foreman ES? Would you ever get into fourth or fifth gear?

My neighbor has the MATTRACKS on his 400 Foreman. He says he rarly gets out of 3rd. But if the snow is deep or the terrain very steep, he's in 1st & 2nd most of the time.

Speed is not one of the ATV tracks atributes .... but .... if you were to get drive sprockets close to the same size as your tires, you'd have more top speed ... but lose on climbing ability. ABD Bovins where like that. They had 25 inch sprockets. But last time I checked, they had been discontinued.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only complaint I've heard about manual shift is the rpm loss when you shift to a higher gear. Its just a matter deciding when to shift and when to leave it in the gear that you're in. Thats where the CVT shines with Tracks.

Polaris_Fanatic

Reaction score
a guy i go hunting with has the brand new camoplast tracks on his 700 grizz and they are amazing, he cant steer very well but they are incredible

trx dean

Reaction score
Riding

anyone know where there is a good place to ride quads, me and my son live in edmonton and have been to bruderheim, but want options, tks and let me know.

Top Bottom