ATV track and Ski conversion

06dvx

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Track and Ski Conversion kit for my sportquad this winter. Would this allow me to run the snowmobile trails? As per Alberta law it would no longer be a "ATV" It would be exclusively a "Motorized Snow Vechicle".

"all-terrain vehicle" means an off-road vehicle, other than a motorized snow vehicle, that

(a) operates or travels on three or more tires or has been adapted to operate on four tracks,

(b) has a seat designed to be straddled by the operator of the vehicle, and

© has handlebars for steering the vehicle;

"motorized snow vehicle" means a self-propelled vehicle designed to be driven exclusively on snow or ice;

I would imagine that a machine set up like this wouldn't have any ill affects on the trails themselves like tires would. Just asking now before I get any further into this idea.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As the Trail Director for the club the answer is NO. If it looks like a quad it is a Quad even with tracks.. If the landowners see quads out there they will be mad. If other quadders see you out there they will think it ok for them (WRONG). Good question but still you can not be there thanks for your co-operation

Top Bottom