ATV snowblade mods

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a mooseplow straight blade on my atv. works good for pushing large amounts of snow over a short distance. but when it comes down to moving small lines of snow over a long distance its pretty much useless as it all just falls out the ends....

anyone added wings or something to help with this?

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Set it at a 45 start in the middle and push out to the sides when you get it out to the sides as far as you can grade ridge, wall, fence etc...just keep it at a 45 and pinch it against whatever and push it down the line just like the plow trucks

If you put wings on it you will push a little more but it will still spill out the sides.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
have a mooseplow straight blade on my atv. works good for pushing large amounts of snow over a short distance. but when it comes down to moving small lines of snow over a long distance its pretty much useless as it all just falls out the ends....

anyone added wings or something to help with this?

Been thinking about using mud-flap material to angle the ends forward to try and catch more snow....

As it is for this last dump I ended up clamping an 18" strip of plywood on top of the plow to prevent sluffing over top...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya unfortunately my driveway is extremely complicated there is no good way to go about doing it besides ramming snow into all different corners. ive added some wood to the top for highspeed so it doesnt go in my face like bogger said but the quad has the power to push alot of snow and it takes forever to move the ridges.

need something like this....but needs to be removeable so i can still plow at an angle

th_l_7299468.jpg

or

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
mines a real pain in the azz too.... not only is there no "line" to follow it is my lawn and the ground is uneven so I end up with the plow riding up and leaving high spots that I have to hit at a 90 to break thm down.....

the driveway is easy up and down up and down with the plow at an angle
the yard I kind of have to start from the middle and work my way out...

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
High speed plowing with the blade angled is about the best way I've found to move snow. If u can keep your momentum up the snow will roll with the curve of the blade and keep landing on front. But even that has it's limits once the ridge gets to high to throw it over. Then it's down to pushing the ridges back to make more room. With a little patience and skill tho once a pile sets up, one can drive up the pile and then go as high as u want. I got some that and over 6' high already.

Top Bottom