ATV Parts Suppliers - Competitive Canadian Suppliers

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is hilarious coming from someone who, just this spring, gave a bunch of money to the flagship of French Canadian trough sucking companies. :rolling:

Choices are pretty limited buying domestic in Canada i'd say.

But yes sourcing tires is tough work.
Lots of places in the US wont ship things USPS either which would at-least avoid heavy freight charges that the UPS/FEDEX crooks want.

Highlifter for example wont ship USPS i even called their head sales guy to ask him why.. he basically told me .. we use the process we have in place.

When i ordered my BI/TRI claw tires i could only get in USA , The shipper shipped me them UPS and Duty was like 250$ extra , highway robbery considering they are US made tires also.

A tire retailer that sold all available ATV tires and shipped USPS would prob be the most ideal.

You pay for the shipping anyways + markup again at any local business.

Don't get me wrong i support local businesses also but some purchases are just too pricey to be paying 20-30% markup on-top of shipping on-top of duty.

Its one of the biggest reason's i never switched tires i wanted to try the gorillas when they first launched but the cost was amazing, although thankfully these have served me fairly well and measure about 29" with 4.5lbs of air.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you would not support the local economy that has a BRP dealer and all those who make there living of of it ??
brp is a world wide company who creates jobs all across Canada ...

Some of the part suppliers, are solely Quebec based and put 0 back into the local economy in any other province other than Quebec ....
But don't let the facts stop you though from making an informed , rational decision ....
Holy crap there are some small minded people on here ....

Last edited:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Choices are pretty limited buying domestic in Canada i'd say.

But yes sourcing tires is tough work.
Lots of places in the US wont ship things USPS either which would at-least avoid heavy freight charges that the UPS/FEDEX crooks want.

Highlifter for example wont ship USPS i even called their head sales guy to ask him why.. he basically told me .. we use the process we have in place.

When i ordered my BI/TRI claw tires i could only get in USA , The shipper shipped me them UPS and Duty was like 250$ extra , highway robbery considering they are US made tires also.

A tire retailer that sold all available ATV tires and shipped USPS would prob be the most ideal.

You pay for the shipping anyways + markup again at any local business.

Don't get me wrong i support local businesses also but some purchases are just too pricey to be paying 20-30% markup on-top of shipping on-top of duty.

Its one of the biggest reason's i never switched tires i wanted to try the gorillas when they first launched but the cost was amazing, although thankfully these have served me fairly well and measure about 29" with 4.5lbs of air.

US made tires are duty free. NAFTA I think, as I was all prepared to pay duty on my tires I purchased across the line. To my surprise , no duty at the border.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's aftermarket, lots of times I'll price it out through places like Royal Distributing, then check with local dealer if they would price match or at least come close. I don't mind paying a little more to keep local business moving. But definatley have to price check to keep mark up in check.

Top Bottom