ATV ban- Garner Lake/ Spedden Area

VintageDOO

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this area has been banned for quadding? Camping there this week end and would like to know if it is worth loading up the machines or not?

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get ahold of SWEIGH and he should know as he is there every weekend. He rides out there lots and has been pulled over a few times as well. I know the fish cops are sticky about atvs in the park, but if you stay on the south side of the road they cannot do anything. The bylaws in that area allow access to the ironhorse trail, just give the park a wide birth. My family has a lake lot there across from the park and they do hassle us from time to time, but only if they think we are ripping around the roads or on park land.

You are better off trailering to Bellis to Franchere/Moose lake anyway (which you are probably talking about when you say Garner), as there is way better riding, IMHO.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think so, we have a lot there, i will be there for part of the weekend. but i know last yr they were cracking down big time, making sure everyone had plates and insure on there atvs, i know cause my kid got a ticket on a 72 mini 50 honda for "disturbing the peace" ..... well that sounds better than no off road plate...... i tried to convince the nice officer that it feel into the 'vintage class' and under 50cc didnt need a plate, ya no such luck, so this year....it will be plated.....shame on me.... what side of the lake r u guys on , were on the east end, Melynchuk subdivision, the old one...

terry

VintageDOO

Reaction score
Were going to a friends lake lot(no cabin) at Garner, no idea where it is, supposedly across the lake from the cabins. Will post tonight when I have a better idea where we will be. Were told by other friends(cabin owners) it is a 10 min quad ride to there place.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little gas station at the top of the hill north of Heinsburg still around??? Used to stop in there everyday on the way to work for grub and was also a good spot to stop and restock on beer before getting to Elk Point or Dewberry depending on which direction you were traveling.....:d

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little gas station at the top of the hill north of Heinsburg still around??? Used to stop in there everyday on the way to work for grub and was also a good spot to stop and restock on beer before getting to Elk Point or Dewberry depending on which direction you were traveling.....:d

yep it sure is:beer::beer::d:d

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those of you at Garner this weekend, we should try and meet up. I'll be out with some friends but I'm taking the quad and the first chance I get to sneak away for a bit, I will take it!

Is anyone staying at the campground, or are you all at Cabins?

Top Bottom