Attn RZR Owners.....

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do any of you Rzr S owners look back and wish you had gotten the regular Rzr?

And

Do any of you regular Rzr owners look back and wish you had gotten the Rzr S?

Only reason I ask is because I'm torn between the 2 units.... I know the just released the Rzr 900 XP... but thats a bit much for me ATM....

Suggestions? Advice?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am planning to buy a rzr s in the spring, buddy has one and have ridden with him a few times, let me try it last trip and i was sold , went through some pretty tight trails with no problems.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off tell us where you ride(terrain) and do you plan to run bigger tires than stock (mud tires). Having owned both there are pros and cons, but the S is far supperior in MOST cases.....

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have regular and no regrets at all i now want the 900. Lol

Cant convince the wife itnwill only cost $20 to upgrede lol

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far normal trails in and around edmonton, few trips to Brule and this summer plan on heading to Kananaskis country.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will try to keep this short. alot of it comes down to the balance between width and ride quality. In terms of width with a reg rzr if you add larger tires you will need a lift/spacers/and or rims and may have tire rubbing issues. Plus this is alot harder on front end /drive line parts.If you plan to keep stock size tires, you will have no issues.
However ground clearance is minimal at best with that set up.

Now here`s the kicker if you go with bigger tires/wider non S , it will be around 54 to 56 inches wide. Well the s is only 60.5 so VERY rarely will the extra width be an issue if you compare it to a modded reg rzr . If you stay at 50" no trail is too narrow more or less.

If you ride a lot of technical off camber terrain , go with the S it is crazy stable and rides much better than the stock rzr.

I prefer the s by a wide margin ,in the end it boils down to where you ride.
Hope this helps ,buy one and get on the trails.....Cheers

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with my standard rzr, they have the same engine in both now so that's not an issue but you do get a lot more for the extra $1500 on the s, I would probably go with the s if I was to buy a new one tomorrow.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife drives the regular rzr and loves it. Our friends have boy a regular rzr and rzr s. Both go every place no problem.

Really depends on your riding idea and places.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
I love my "regular" RZR but if I bought a new one it would probably be a S. I'm at 56" now so I dont think the extra 4" would hurt but I have rubbed the flares and tires a lot with mine allready where i ride......pretty tight trails

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been on trails where both sides of my regular RZR, was rubbing a tree as i squeezed through. If I had an rzr S the chain saw would have been out for sure! The rzr S does have a way better ride, and ground clearance.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get the S next time, my standard is nice but would like the extra suspension. With the amount of large side x sides out there most trails aren't an issue.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agee ,with the onset of commanders rzr 4`s and rzr`s i think trail width is not as much concern as it used to be.....Go to Cycle works west and drive both one right after the other( I am not recomending this dealer ,but just a a good place to ride there).Hit some bumps and jumps and side hill a little. Unless you REALLY like the tight trails it`s hard to not prefer the S.....

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will a RZR S fit in the box of my truck? Regular box. Not a long box. And I know tailgate will have to be down regardless

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will a RZR S fit in the box of my truck? Regular box. Not a long box. And I know tailgate will have to be down regardless

You will have to drive the front over the wheel wells but it should go. An S owner would know better.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends how much of a run you can get at it....Don`t know hall on a trailer but they are just over 60" wide..

Top Bottom