AST1 is a MUST

Reaction score
:trustme:Hey guys and gals, I just took my AST1 this past weekend and wanted to tell everyone how helpfull it was. It showed how almost all avalanches are easily avoidable by knowing what to look at in the snow conditions and where you can go and still have fun on the days when the conditions are bad. It also opened my eyes to how important it is to not cheap out on beacons/probes/shovels etc. and how unfamiliar people are with their equipment (including me). It also made me realize how much my life is in your hands, so if your waiting for the moment of truth to get familiar with your equipment, please do us all a favour and do it now. Also make sure your batteries are 100% and your beacon is working correctly please. Its just one small thing that can make a HUGE difference. So dont think this course is a waste of time/money or unnessisary because it is none of the above, however it is a huge eye-openner.:thumb:
Thank-you for your attention to the subject and i hope this helps convinces at least one person because that one person could make all the difference.
Looking forward to attending the Field Session now.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took mine last week and would strongly recommend it to anyone who plans on going stuckmobiling out in the mountains. Lots of common sense stuff and an equal amount of stuff I never knew or even thought about.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah same here so glad a took it! People think they know what to do are only fooling the selves!

Top Bottom