Assault Switchback feedback please

gasgod

Reaction score
riden a lot of Polaris sleds over the years some turned out better than others, so far only 60 miles on this beast and its a great handling sled,:):) not a single hicup from this 800 engine. i will post again after a couple hund miles are on the clock...

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was in revy last weekend got invite from polaris to ride the new sleds rode the switchback the rep told me that i would get stuck and i should ride the pro rmk i went every place they did the power is great and the trail handle is very firm but stays flat on fast corners the shocks have alot of settings it is a all around sled for trail and powder very easy to pull over and side hill even with the wide stance also road the 800 155&163 pro rmk just point and shoot power and traction great will keep my 700 dragon will buy wife the new switchback if it comes with electric start next year and see if the bugs are worked out of there engines there have been a few go down already

Cowboy

Reaction score
I have 85 miles on my switchback and so far it handles better than my 2006 in the corners and its throttle response is crisp

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does everyone feel about the dyno numbers? Yamaha 162, cat 160, etec 155, polaris 142. That's got to be significant? I just went from the "most powerful sled" (Apex) to the least(Assault)...but I still like it!:confused: I know most of you guys fix this with mods, but I'd like to keep it stock.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going on a Polaris demo ride in Saskatoon this weekend. I'll find out for myself:d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha, as if dyno numbers mean anything when ya have to "correct" to make it right. All depends what aftermarket company is running the machine, and ya might see a common occuanrce that if the dyno runner builds parts for that sled it will have less than the others.... hence dyno-tech making 147 and ya see a couple others making 150+

It really does not matter how much power a sled makes if you cannot clutch it to get it to the ground. I can tell you first hand as we have both a new RMK and a etec in my garage right now. Stock for stock the etec will not beat the pro, even with it's fancy dyno numbers.

I would think the assualt would feel just like the other pro chassis' except it will have stronger on the trail performance and slightly less off trail, based mostly on length/track/front suspension setup.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jan Snow Tech mag has an Dyno article for the 2011 800.
152 hp at 8200 rpm. If Polaris gets this up to 160 + for 2012 they will have it all. Tables are turning.

Shooster

Reaction score
Just bought a 2011 Switchback myself...I'm out of town right now but will pick it up and get riding next week...can't wait!!!

gasgod

Reaction score
update if anyone cares..... got over 300miles now,no bogs,no burps,worked theshit out of it today for 80miles, in this wet snow, sled works great, did up grade to the RMK gripper skis, money well spent:):)

gasgod

Reaction score
anyone have their assaults out for a hi speed run down the lake, what kinda top end, had a quick squirt over 100MPH :eek:on a nice smooth lake this weekend. yet bottom end is good and torquey

Mr.C.

Reaction score
Took mine out for a first rip. Hard to tell what it'll be like as we have nothing for snow. Power to weight I think will be good when broke in. Turns alot easier than my last two poos. Mine has the elec. start, thought that was for girls, but I think I might get used to that.

09FordFx4

Reaction score
Uh ya, I'd hope it does more than 100 km/h lmao

100MPH sounds about right for stock.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
200 miles on er now and is she a fun one. Some attached pics from up by Greenwater Saskatchewan last week. Had it up to 92 mph and climbing on a nice long smooth lake that was very firm so she wound out very easily. I did not hold er wide open to top out so I know there is room to go yet (2" track). Not an issue yet. Machine feels loosened up now and I feel very confident on it. Heading to West Yellowstone end of the month so hoping to find some powder to report performance on. Ignore the date stamp. :)
100_0678.jpg 20120107_053156.JPG 20120107_053250.JPG 100_0683.jpg 20120107_053027.JPG

Top Bottom