artic cat zr 800

kinrob1234

Reaction score
i was wondering are the artic cat zr 800 a good sled were they fairly fast and it looked like the one i am looking at was modified with pipes and k n air filters and all that and was told a racing clutch do not know for sure but was wondering were they good sleds probably a 90s model big wide green hood with big letters zrt on the side 800 motor could be blown 1 piston is out of it a couple of heads are unbolted but all the parts are still there. if anyone can tell me to he wants to trade me for a 97 skidoo mxz 670 136 2 paddle track sled that does run would that be a good deal i kind of dont think so but could be wrong please let me know any advice i would appreciate it

RevBlk

Reaction score
ZR = Good. ZRT= Boom. The T stands for triple. On my buddy's we said it stood for Thirsty. As in fuel. Lots of engine failures. Cranks & pistons. When it ran it pulled like a freight train. ZR's were 121 inch tracks. A lot of us in the west put on the 136 M/C Tunnel extensions with 2" tracks on them. That was all that was available for the steep & deep back in the mid 90's. I could be wrong but I thought the ZR 800 was first available in 01/02. Before that the big one was the 700. As much as this hurts I me I would stay with the Doo if the Cat's a triple. ( Tried & true Cat guy).
Rev

Evil Revo

Reaction score
I had the ZR 800 when it first come out. I sent it to SLP and they worked there magic. Port, twins, k&n, reeds, head work. Wicked fast!! Just ask all the people I beat. I won many drag races in weekend racing. Seriously just wicked fast. Reliable too!

Top Bottom