Ariens Arrow Snowmobile

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any Ariens Arrow snowmobiles for sale? There were 5 models available
275S
300S
350S
400L
400SS
I have a 350S that my dad bought new and i am redoing it. I was just wondering if there were anymore out there

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try calling Dusty @ Snowmobile Recyclers. In DeWinton, it's between Calgary, and Okotoks. # 403.938.0930

He's a great guy to deal with on new, used, and aftermarket parts. He really knows what he's talking about, and should be able to point you in the right direction. That's if he doesn't have any kicking around the back Forty...

He's well worth the call.

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I finally got a chance to stop at Snowmobile Heaven today and the only thing he has is a couple of hoods. (Which may come in handy) I also called Dusty at Snowmobile Recyclers and all he said ( which is the same thing i am hearing all over) GOOD LUCK!!!

Anyone have any other ideas???

Bucky

Reaction score
hey bergy, how about posting a pik or two of your sled? And what year is your sled, never heard of them before. :d

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a problem...But can you first explain how to insert a picture???I've been on the site lots but never sent a pic.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jez bergy, hope i didn't sound rude.:d, anyhow googled up a arrow for you. check out kujji in halifax, guy wants $250 CDN. Hope that helps.;)

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jez bergy, hope i didn't sound rude.:d, anyhow googled up a arrow for you. check out kujji in halifax, guy wants $250 CDN. Hope that helps.;)

Thats a good deal...I just happen to have a 400ss with a motor but no hood and a bad track.

ariens guy

Reaction score
Ariens were built from 1969 to 1972 production anyways. 1973 had 5 or 7 prototypes made but never released to the public, well i know the guy who has them,and he lives in the puplic. They had other models available that were not mentioned above.

1969- 300II only model for this year

1970 brought out a few more
275S
300S
340SE
400LE

1971 yet a few more
275S
300S
350S
400L
400SS

1972 they had all the same as 71 but added two race models
350SX
440SX
I have a small collection of these sorry none are for sale, If i can help with a part here or there let me know. Always willing to help.

These machines were built on the Ski Roule chassis, and many of these parts work on them ie.. suspension, tracks, clutches, gas tanks.....
David's vintage snowmobile page has a some brochures on these with motor specs and such

I just joined this forum when i saw this post and just had to add my two cents. thank you

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1972_ARIENS_ARROW_.jpg

LAR550

Reaction score
I have a 1970 400L that I need to know if the decal on the hood is reflective or not. I'm restoring it and the guy i'm getting the decals from needs to know to reproduce it accurately. I thought it was the same as a 1971 but he asked the question if it was reflective , and now I don't know for sure. Thanks in advance for the info..
LAR550

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
I checked the junk pile and there are no Ariens sleds laying around. You might want to call an Arctic Cat dealer and see if they have any M8s left in stock as they have the same power and appeal as the Ariens sleds.

Greek

Reaction score
First time user and new to the site but I've enjoyed what I've read. My question is regarding Ariens snowmobiles as well. I saw the post and read the info but nobody has really committed to saying whether they're a good old trail sled and the parts availibility. I've found one where I live that's supposedly? in very nice shape. It's a '72 400L with the 399 Kohler and it comes with a factory cover, the pre-delivery check sheet and a bunch of other documentation. The guy who own's it said the elderly man who bought it found out from the dealer that they only sold one in his shop which was in eastern Nebraska. Just wondering if it's worth pursuing? From the pictures I've seen through David's Vintage Sleds it appears to be a nice looking old sleds.

Thanks

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Greek try sending some of the members that have replied to this post a PM (Private Message). May be able to get answer faster Good Luck

blowin smoke

Reaction score
i just picked up a 300s for free, im am rebuilding the motor and it will be for sale as soon as i get it running. it is in good shape. has 2 small cracks in the hood. not sure what year it is

Top Bottom