Are Your Balls Loose???

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was doing a little front end maintenance today, taking the ski's off and greasing up the bushings. I know allot of guys can't be bothered but if you had the bushings out from new, you'd see that BRP use's Mazola Oil or unsalted butter to grease these things, and its no wonder they'd dry out!! I've done mine 3 times now, and even rotate the bushing itself to prevent it from getting wear marks that gouge right into the inner collar.
Anyways, I figured I'd check a few other nuts and bolts on the front end, both tie rod end bolts "loose", no where near where they would rattle around but need a good 1/4 turn with a ratchet. Also, the A-Arm ball joint bolts also need a 1/2 turn with a ratchet to tighten them back up! Just a FYI, stuff loosens up when you run the bejesus out of it!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was doing a little front end maintenance today, taking the ski's off and greasing up the bushings. I know allot of guys can't be bothered but if you had the bushings out from new, you'd see that BRP use's Mazola Oil or unsalted butter to grease these things, and its no wonder they'd dry out!! I've done mine 3 times now, and even rotate the bushing itself to prevent it from getting wear marks that gouge right into the inner collar.
Anyways, I figured I'd check a few other nuts and bolts on the front end, both tie rod end bolts "loose", no where near where they would rattle around but need a good 1/4 turn with a ratchet. Also, the A-Arm ball joint bolts also need a 1/2 turn with a ratchet to tighten them back up! Just a FYI, stuff loosens up when you run the bejesus out of it!!
Too many track inspections will do that

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I drill a hole a put in a zerk fitting on mine. Should come that way

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When I read the thread title I was expecting something different, I'm a little disappointed. Mine should be good, don't hit trees or ride that hard, I respect my equipment. HAHA. But in all seriousness its a good reminder to check everything out so your time in the hills is shoveling and not limping back to the parking lot with missing bolts and pieces.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth!..... was back to Edson once coming home, stopped to fuel up the truck and was checking out the sleds on the deck, well holy crapola, if both my ski pivot bolts weren't completely out, only about an inch left before they fell out. Boy would that be a crappy day, coming down the trail at 90mph, and suddenly your skis come off...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drill a hole a put in a zerk fitting on mine. Should come that way
X2...I did the same after the first time I pulled my skis off and saw how rough those bushings were with very little miles. was way easy, those spindles are surprisingly soft

2012-02-12_21-14-24_195Medium_zps1c438c26.jpg

Top Bottom