Are you guys ready for the next skidoo game changer?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would BRP or the general sled buyer for that matter trust BRP to have clutching, motor mounts, heat, belt life, track durability etc sorted out for 180+hp?

There is a ton of blind doolaiders.
It will sell in the first year and continue to sell during developement just like the G4 has.
There is a song following for doos.
It's new and in time new just gets better.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did hear more HP was in the works but I'm not convinced of a turbo. Can't see it from a price point prospective. Maybe lots of guys would buy one just because...
Sure notice a lot of turbo's of all 3 brands on the hills these days. Never saw a stock or turbo Yammy at the parking lot, cabin or in the alpine this weekend in Revy.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a ton of blind doolaiders.
It will sell in the first year and continue to sell during developement just like the G4 has.
There is a song following for doos.
It's new and in time new just gets better.
Lots of what I would call very non irritated Cat owners in the Cat catastrophy thread as well one could say? I'd be pizzed if clutches were blowing up and my manufacturer wasn't acknowledging it? You seemed pretty upset when you were blowing belts on your Doo? It works both ways.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't help but notice how the Doo threads always attracts the most attention from the snow and mudders. All the haters can't stay away...secretly they want to know what Doo is up too....again Lol

I like to hear what all the manufacturers are up too. If one company makes something innovative (like the alpha, or shot) threat pushes everyone else to step up, it’s a win win.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine putting a turbo 2-stroke in the hands of the general public. There are so many mechanically challenged people riding these days. Turbos require maintenance that stockers don't not to mention the shortened life span of wear components. Could be a service department nightmare.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of what I would call very non irritated Cat owners in the Cat catastrophy thread as well one could say? I'd be pizzed if clutches were blowing up and my manufacturer wasn't acknowledging it? You seemed pretty upset when you were blowing belts on your Doo? It works both ways.

Hence why I said it's new and in time new just gets better.
Never know I may try another doo.
Need to see wazzzup.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but how does a dealer control sales based on elevation :confused:

I hear ya clode. Burhandt is above 8 thou. He doesn’t even turn the keys onto those poos with out bolting on more power. Maybe a target specific market?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is it better have 2 fawkin skis and a track or I’m out. Snow Bikes are gai no matter what way you slice it

I rode my first snow bike last weekend. I had a really good time on it. This snow bike is not your ordinary snowbike tho, 26000$ build and it rips, still not my thing.
Now all I could think of the sled I could have for 26g. If doo releases a reliable turbo sled with warranty, for say 21/22g id say that would be groundbreaking.

To turbo a new sled.
BD sidekick 6g approximately
$2000 shock upgrade valved for turbos
Clutching $500
10hrs+ labor for install
No warranty.

For some reason I feel more comfortable with the thought of a aftermarket turbo, than one from the factory at the moment.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possibly bringing back the 1000. Just more reliable and making some actual power.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The easy guess is they turbo’d the 850. I know they have been running a turbo on a few of Brett’s sleds this winter and they hadn’t for the last few in WestYellow. If they can keep the belts on them lots of guys will be snowchecking one.

Few people have said a four stroke on other forms. There are two sound clips on different two posts and the longer one definitely is a two stroke.

The wild ass guess is a 425 2Stroke snowbike. Halving the 850 would still outdo the current 450 thumper snowbikes especially in a purpose built chassis with direct injection and reverse to boot. I have said since the 850 came out halving it would be a great platform for that build.

Top Bottom