Are Warn winches are garbage?

Highvoltage

Reaction score
Me and a few buddies have all had warn winches let us down when we neded them in outlanders from 2008 to 2012 models wondering if anybody has had any better luck with different brand names?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the warn I've had have given up on me as well. I've had great luck with Viper winches and they're all I will buy. Buddy of mine swears by Runva winches but I have no personal experience with them.

tool_man

Reaction score
I quit using Warn 2 years ago as well, I could only get a season out of them and it was getting expensive with 3 quads. Bought a Runva 4500 for my Thundercat and it's been awesome. No issues 2 seasons and less the half the price of the last Warn I bought.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warns are fine....but not worth the extra $$$. I've had good luck with Vipers as well....but honestly, any issues with any of my warns over the years (I've probably had 10 or more) have always been solved by taking apart, cleaning and re-greasing.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
warns are fine....but not worth the extra $$$. I've had good luck with vipers as well....but honestly, any issues with any of my warns over the years (i've probably had 10 or more) have always been solved by taking apart, cleaning and re-greasing.

x2 ^^^^ and a little rtv in the right places and they re much better than factory. I've also found by taking them apart (25 or so) that the factory branded ( cat, yamaha, can am , honda) warn winches are not built or sealed as well as the warn branded winches

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a runva believer also. Friggin dam good winch n cheap too

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Runva's you say...... Went to spool out the winch on the other halfs 2012 Sportsmen on Saturday, no go, will go in but not out. Going to pull it off and pull it apart.

Might look into a runva.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Runva's you say...... Went to spool out the winch on the other halfs 2012 Sportsmen on Saturday, no go, will go in but not out. Going to pull it off and pull it apart.

Might look into a runva.

the runva 2500 lb winch is $115, not even worth pulling the old one apart to fix. sell the old one $50 to $100, you have a new winch, don't even get your hands dirty, free shipping too. just pull old winch, new one mounts in old location, you get away from plastic parts. will be second season using mine. so far so good.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
the runva 2500 lb winch is $115, not even worth pulling the old one apart to fix. sell the old one $50 to $100, you have a new winch, don't even get your hands dirty, free shipping too. just pull old winch, new one mounts in old location, you get away from plastic parts. will be second season using mine. so far so good.

Where did you order it from?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Nevermind, found it. $115 to the door shipping included. I might have to order a couple!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered 4, lol. 2 -4500 lbs n 2 2500 no complaints so far, can't pull them apart for that price

Top Bottom