Are turbo nytro less money in the long run?

Sleds

Reaction score
I have been wondering for a while if turbo nytros are less money in the long run.and how much is it to rebuild nytro motors. Thanks

bourgon

Reaction score
So far no but only 2 years in not much for repairs just upgrades! I would say ya cheaper in the long run lots of guys with 7-8-9000 k on them with 270 kits! Find me a 2 stroke with 2000 k and turbo on it!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run the numbers for my senario after the past 5 years and yes it has been more affordable for me. I do miss the bag drive mentality of the 800's but the 4 stroke turbo power is hard to give up. When I ride a stocker I get bored quick

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll be considerably more money to rebuild a Nytro engine over a 2 stroke....but unless you run it upside down out of oil, you'll wear out the rest of the sled long before you ever need to rebuild the engine assuming a reasonable boost level. The 270's go forever! I just sold my supercharged Nytro and went back to a 2 stroke....but only because I'm just getting too old ( or maybe just out of shape!) to handle the horsepower. Sold it to my nephew so I can still feel the adrenaline rush once in a while. I'm definately going to miss it. I tend to keep my sleds for a while, and I'm not looking forward to rebuilding 2 strokes every couple of years again.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say not nessassarly, but it realy depends. Turboing a sled isn't exactly cheap and the cost over run would take a realy long time to balance out.
Turboed sleds in most cases the motors will last longer but operator plays a huge role in that. Mostly because a turboed sled doesnt need to be operated at WOT like a NA motor thus it doesnt work as hard or isnt strain as much. But thats not nessassarly true eigther as an agressive rider could simply be at WOT all day if he wished and easily could overload it and blow it up.
I currently have nearly 5,000km on my Nytro, turboed since new, never been riden without. Zero motor issues and runs like a top a 2stroke would of been done by now.

Chunk

Reaction score
I have 5 seasons on a t nytro I built for $20,000. Few liters of oil, couple oil/filter changes, 3 $49 belts. 7500 miles all mountain riding. Ran at 18-20 lbs.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3000kms, 2 belts, a set of secondary buttons, and 3 oil changes...turn the key and ride...best sled I have owned. A BOOST-IT fuel system made it run perfect, get your turbo from Neil, awsome support and his stuff just plain works !!!

Top Bottom