Are Quaders Really That Bad?

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went out quading to Edson this past weekend and there is lots of oil/gas/mining going on and they destroy the trees, land and everything in their way. Why is it ok for them to destroy nature without bounds but quaders get such a bad rap and we do a fraction of the damage by comparison? I have always figured it is because the government is making money off the oil/gas/mining so they turn a blind eye to these companies and quading they make no money so they don’t care if it is shutdown. Trails made by quaders will grow over in a couple years to the point you can't even recognize there was a trail but the excavator tracks and clear cutting trees to make paths will take many years longer. As I was quading we came across a site that had used oil drums littered everywhere along with ripped tarps in the trees, big plastic water containers and other random junk all over the site. It looks like the operation that was once using the site picked up and left and did not take any of their garbage with them but I bet they made lots of money off the site. Some of the oil drums had rusted out, leaking oil into the streams and all over the grass. It's ridiculous to see the mass destruction to nature going on in the oil/gas/mining industries and it’s unfortunate no one holds the companies accountable for the damage they are doing.
IMG_0237.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a old camp site. Quadders fault

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That I can do. I looked on the barrels to see if there was a company name and nothing on the labels I could read. I was hoping to post on their twitter if I found out who it was. I will call SRD and hopefully they care. Just a small example of what all of us see on the trails from oil/gas and mining and I get annoyed by it. A bigger example of the destruction mining is causing is out at Cadomin how they literally moved a entire mountain for mining.

Last edited:
Reactions: RXN

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely call that in, that's absolute BS, it gives all of us that try to keep a good image for oil and gas a bad name. While I was at it I would send those images into the oil companies head office, I'm sure they would like to be aware of what their site looks like.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all the Paint Ball marks and Tracks under some of the Barrels my guess with what I can see is someone set up for a weekend paintball party and never cleaned up!!

Only my uneducated Guess Though.

I also could see someone was paintballing because of the paintball marks on the oil drums. However I bet the mess was already there and the kids that found it moved it around to make the paintball course. Reason I think this is because I doubt paintballers would have trucked in barrels with oil still in them so it's still crappy they are there and leaking oil along with the other mess despite pintballers taking advantage of the trash.

Last edited:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I agree with you on this one, and it is really distressing to see that the mountain at the turnoff to Cadomin is basically gone. Do the greenies and tree huggers ever see this stuff? Just easier to go after ATV's, less money to fight back and keep trails open

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The government spent millions of dollars rehabilitating ATV trails in Alberta this year. Why is everyone f*cking bitching?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The government spent millions of dollars rehabilitating ATV trails in Alberta this year. Why is everyone f*cking bitching?
Because if they were used responsibly they wouldn't need to be re-habbed.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because if they were used responsibly they wouldn't need to be re-habbed.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Give it a break, most of these trails are new trails cut through the bush, with culverts over stream crossings

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think quadders are that bad in general, They are just a large visible group that media and tree huggers can easily attack. It will grow back!

Top Bottom