Are most sleds this easy to steal?

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup. Got one of each as spares from over the years. At the end of the day its a 450lb machine that two guys can lift. Missing key wont stop them. I take mine out force of habbit.

X2 I can put a sled in a 1/2 ton by myself with 2-3 guys its easy. If im going to steal a sled at night I wont be starting it up anyway but hey thats just me

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my boy took the key in for his 98 summit......I bet him I could steal it....he bet me it would take 5 mins......well gone in under 60 seconds......it was tuff to pull the cold engine over well keeping my thumb on the teather......but it was 43 seconds from the time I put my boots on and walked (not run) out side.........so easy! the key don't even stop the honest guy when he forgets the key! lol

Try that on a 98 Summit X....

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If someone wants the sled their ain't much you can do they will take it.. That's why we insure them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, I don't even bother removing my key, at least no one will be messing around under the hood trying to bypass it. I've had a couple sleds over the years I wish someone would have taken!

Top Bottom