Arctic Cat's New M8 HCR

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic Cat's New "Stock" Hill Climb Racer Mountain Sled.

Looks like differences are a wider ski stance, deep keel skis, "Hillclimb" slide-rail rear suspension, same, but harder track, standard Boss seat, and altimiter in the instrument gauge.

Cool Beans :d

Attachments

• M8 153 HCR.jpg
    M8 153 HCR.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 183
  • M8 153 HCR specs.jpg
    M8 153 HCR specs.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 163

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all the guys that Spring Ordered Sleds this year, I came across this (ha!) the other day from

It talks about the Spring Promotion guarentees. There were some other stuff about other makes, but you other guys will have to check that out for yourselves!!

tekim :wtg:

Arctic Cat

Arctic Cat

Promotion name: Freeze the Fever

Promotion ends: April 15, 2008

Sleds you can pre-order: All consumer models, except the Youth 120.

Sleds you can only order this spring: Crossfire R 800 LE, Crossfire R 1000 LE, Crossfire 800 LE, Crossfire 1000 LE, M 800 LE, M 1000 LE, F8 LE, Z1 Turbo LE, Turbo Touring LE

Here's the deal:

Cat is offering no payments and no interest until March of ’09 along plus a limited 2-year warranty and your choice of $300 Cat Cash to use for Arctic Cat clothing and accessories or a free Boss seat bonus if you order a Crossfire or M-series model. There are some restrictions, so make sure you talk to your Arctic Cat dealer or check out the promotion on their website.

There is one more guarantee that Arctic Cat is offering the mountain riders, and that is a $500 Cat Cash check if when they take delivery of their new M-series sled it weighs more than 5-lbs. heavier than the listed weight Arctic Cat has on their website. Arctic Cat officials told us that they are serious about their listed dry weights and to make sure, they are also listing crated weights. Really, you have nothing to lose, but this is only available if you order your M-sled this Spring.

What to look for:

Arctic Cat’s promotion with deferred payments, extended warranty and Cat Cash is available on all spring order models, but if you want something really unique, you can only the special colors by ordering in the spring. Some of the Max Sled guys commented on how much they liked the camo pattern on the spring-only Crossfires and you can only get the Boss seat if you order in the spring. Cat will give you the original Crossfire seat as well, so you can keep the Boss seat if you decide to trade up in the future. The F8 LE, Turbo Touring LE and Z1 Turbo LE come in a rich black and copper color scheme that looks sharp without being overbearing.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a guy will need to be a registered racer to get one; like the first MXZX's that Doo put out. If I remember correctly the ZX's had high comp. domes that required race fuel too.:beer:

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope these sleds are more of a promotional deal for the customers, they lost 8lbs by going the titanium route in a lot of parts, besides that, most everything is the same was the M8 limited edition

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good info,Thanks Tekim!
Mayby this spring!
catmando!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats one sweet sled. Wonder if it is a limited build unit produced to meet a minimum production number, usually around 500 units, so that it can compete in the Stock Class at the big hill climb events?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Talked to Argyll last week!
$13.400 Available in December!
catmando!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats one sweet sled. Wonder if it is a limited build unit produced to meet a minimum production number, usually around 500 units, so that it can compete in the Stock Class at the big hill climb events?

You got it.. There are only about 320 unts availble in total.. This is according to a large cat dealer.. Also each dealership is only allowed so many.. And yes this is all because for a sled to compete in the stock class they have to produce atleast 500 units..

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got it.. There are only about 320 unts availble in total.. This is according to a large cat dealer.. Also each dealership is only allowed so many.. And yes this is all because for a sled to compete in the stock class they have to produce atleast 500 units..

320 units available in Canada? Out of the 500 or so built to meet the minimum requirement for stock class the rest must already be spoken for I guess... by racers and race tems etc.? Thanks for the info. You always seem to know your stuff! :)

I would love to have one of those :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Arctic Cat's New "Stock" Hill Climb Racer Mountain Sled.

Looks like differences are a wider ski stance, deep keel skis, "Hillclimb" slide-rail rear suspension, same, but harder track, standard Boss seat, and altimiter in the instrument gauge.

Cool Beans :d

SO, TEKIM, FOR $13,400.00, ARE YOU GONNA BUY ONE OF THESE... VERY KOOL!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE IT!:beer:;) BUT, DOO THEY MAKE A 1000??

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO, TEKIM, FOR $13,400.00, ARE YOU GONNA BUY ONE OF THESE... VERY KOOL!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE IT!:beer:;) BUT, DOO THEY MAKE A 1000??

Summitric... They "DOO" not have the 1000 option in this sled YET.. But thanks anyways. Now go back to the "DOO" forums and "DOO" not mention that this sled is available to us Cat guys. We "DOO" not want to create pandemonium in the DOO camp. :d:):d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
320 units available in Canada? Out of the 500 or so built to meet the minimum requirement for stock class the rest must already be spoken for I guess... by racers and race tems etc.? Thanks for the info. You always seem to know your stuff! :)

I would love to have one of those :d

The 320 was how many were left over for the general public to buy.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet man.. Man to get the shop here into the shape i want it i got some work ahead but i think that all who stop will be amazed that it is even the same place.. I cant beleive how dirty and unorganized it is.. A dirty shop just bugs the hell out of me!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well one of the local riders here in mcbride have one of the M8 hcr's.. Cant wait to check it out..

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine is in the process of adding an OVS Turbo to his HCR ...lookin forward to seeing it on the slopes..

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for that.

Top Bottom