Arctic Cat Y-Pipes

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was re reading an article on aftermarket y pipes in the jan/feb 08 issue pg. 12 of snowtech which readers expressed concern about installing these bolt ons with no mods to the ecu or fuel map. Specifically y-pipes on (2007) 1000s could go lean in the midrange during warmer temps.
I was just wondering if those of you that run a y-pipe or y-pipe/can, do you run a fuel flow modifier like boondocker etc. I was told that I could run a y-pipe/can with fuel pressure regulator only. I will be riding an m1000 (09).
Anyone with comments please feel free...:confused::beer:

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would call mountain magic as they specialize in the artic cats and install alot of speedwerx y pipe and exhaust systems. They would have the answer that your looking for.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ithink on the 1000's you need a BD box to run a Y pipe. Give Glen a call at Spindrift in McBride; he worked on Cats at Specialty Sleds, or PM him.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nutz, my buddy put the y pipe and can on his '07 M-1 without the fuel mod thing and it leaned out and burned down on him first time out....we never drag raced until coming back to the trucks when it was dark and about 10 degrees cooler, got about 800 feet into it and poof! he put the stock stuff back on and they fixed it under warranty, he ran it stock last year. got pizzed off 'cause I kept smokin' him with my XP, he has the BD box and a different fuel pressure regulator for this season....lol.

the day that it ran before eating it's pigs, it went like snot. it was a totally different sled. I'll need a BB kit to keep up with him this year.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the (09) m1000s have a knock sensor. I don't think they had one in (07).

Top Bottom