should i put full slp exhuast with pc3 on m1000

d2therick

Reaction score
So I just got a 08 m1000 all stock except bdx valve delete and bikemen fuel regulator. I have a guy trying to sale me a full slp exhaust and a pc3 with maps for $700. I'm new to the efi and not sure if I wanna try tuning or if I can. I pretty good with motors but not to sure what to look for when tuning. I was woundering should I buy the setup? How hard is it to tune? Would I even need to tune if it has maps? What else should I get if I do get the setup? How reliable will the sled be if do tune it? Or should I just go with a high flow y pipe and can so I don't have to tune? Note: rode a 04 king cat before and goin to ride the m1k this weeked for the first time. So I don't even know what a stock 1000 is like.
PHP:

powerclaw

Reaction score
for sure a stage two kit which includes complete pipe kit, v force reeds, cold air intake, pc5, clutching will bring you up to a very reliable 197 hp and it will be a torque monster with quick throttle response. imo slp makes by far the best performance kits for polaris and cats. please phone for info if needed. 780-488-6686.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother has a full set of jaws twins with a boondocker box for cheap if your interested in making power!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do it! You won't regret it! Works awesome on these sleds! Gonna need something to read your exhaust gas temp or air/fuel ratio though. Mine had a Boondocker controller rather than a PC3, but even with fuel maps for the M1000 you'll probably end up tuning, cause they're all just a little different. You need to change your clutching too.

I miss my M1000. :(

powerclaw

Reaction score
pc5 comes with map installed so no tuning needed. install a koso guage as sledhead suggested and it will be awsome. ive done many of these installs with no issues.

Top Bottom