Arctic Cat T top steering post options?

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same issue I've had with the T top posts on various sleds whether Polaris, Cat or a Doo. I've rounded of the knurled strips on each end or the "traction" per say as a result of either pulling on the bars too hard or in last winters case I blew a belt and the track darn near locked up on the spot and I went into the bars, folded them right over into the gauge cluster/windscreen. Result was u new riser and way less grip on T top.

Keep in mind I'm 6'4 and 250. I'm trying to be gentle! My mother says I don't realize my own strength!!

I've pondered having the square plate welded up top instead. Just a different riser. What say you?

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to clean up the t-post with a wire brush. Unless the knurled grip has come off the post. If it has you can use a small file to clean up the post. I wouldn't recommend any thing other than the t-post. You want the bars and risers to give so you don't end up with you guts all over the hood.

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
if you can move it by pulling on it then you probably need to torque it more. not too much though as towerrigger above said. guts do not look nice on a sled.

Top Bottom