Arctic cat primary clutch issue

Drewmitch

Reaction score
Hi, im new to the site.. But i brought out my sled today and my problem is my primary clutch on my 2011 crossfire 800 ltd is on the sled and clutch sheaves all the way compressed with out a belt on it and cant get the sheaves to open up... Any ideas?!? The weights move freely and spring is completely compressed

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tap on it with a piece of would or a soft hammer , roll the clutch and tap on it in different places

DON'T GET YOUR FINGERS CAUGHT IT MAY SLAM CLOSED

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NEED TO POLISH THE SHAFTS MUST BE ALITTLE RUSTY THAT WHY IT JAMMED

sorry about the caps

Drewmitch

Reaction score
Is there anything i can spray on the clutch to make it easier with out damaging bushings or seals?!

Drewmitch

Reaction score
Yeah, im changing the primary yellow spring out for a DandD red primary and magna force weights, just wanted to get sheaves apart so i can put belt back on, any lubricants to help get the sheaves open?!

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told if anything used on clutches for lubrication should be silicone spray. It will attract the least amount of clutch dust.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use any lubricating spray, you may casue yourself more problems in the long run. Try pouring hot water on it and as mentioned, tap with a piece of soft wood or rubber hammer.

Red D&D spring...big engagement.

Drewmitch

Reaction score
Yeah im aware the red has big engagement ... Thats what i was going for i dont do much trails , just like going off trail and deep snow and ditch banging , sleds got the 57-63 gears for low end, going to 74 gram weights, boysen reeds, timbersled intake, and y pipe ... So should rip my arms off after that !

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look for a cracked spider. This will jam a clutch and the Cat clutches are know for this. I broke a few in my Cat days and one was on my stock 2010 M8.

Drewmitch

Reaction score
Doubt it would be cracked , only has 5-600 miles ... My friend revd it with out a belt on it

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None the less if you have the clutch out check the spider. They have broke before and it keeps the primary from opening up, happened to me once already.

Top Bottom