arctic cat m7

cgies

Reaction score
Hey guys just looking for your input..

My 2006 m7 was just topped up with coolant this morning, I rode my sled for maybe an hour got back home left my sled to cool
down then looked at the level and there was no coolant?? Or does it just want to run at that level.. if anyone else has had this problem

Thanks!

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the system totally empty when you filled it this morning or just a quick top up?

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its was totally gone out of the bottle when you got done your ride i would guess you have a problem. You will need to figure out where it is going and fix it. If its leaking into the engine you can kill bearings ect pretty easy with coolant.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check the line from surge tank they sometimes crack and leak out slowly,check the simple stuff first give it a quick compression test and also check to see if the tank pressures up when running easy way to head gasket problem

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check the line from surge tank they sometimes crack and leak out slowly,check the simple stuff first give it a quick compression test and also check to see if the tank pressures up when running easy way to head gasket problem
Sorry! To test a head gasket problem! Have had a few! Lol

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check all the hoses and water pump also, I think you'd smell coolant in your exhaust if it was leaking into your cylinders

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check all the hoses and water pump also, I think you'd smell coolant in your exhaust if it was leaking into your cylinders
Check to see if there is any coolant in the pipe, just hold it up from one end over a tray and see if any coolant comes out may not be much but shouldn't be any.My 05 M7 was doing the same thing last season and you may not smell the coolant yourself, I never did, but had someone comment later that they smelled it when we left the parking lot. Turned out to be the water pump seal.Not a fun repair job.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the hose clamps on the heat exchanger lines on the right hand side. Chances are the crimp on style clamps are loose and will cause a slow leak. Cut them off and replace them with a regular hose clamp. My old M7 had this issue.

Top Bottom