Arctic Cat M1000

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just looking for pros and cons of this sled. Im trying to convince my buddy to buy a sled and this is what hes leaning towards but he heard from one mechanic that the 1000's have a problem with blowing up engines. So i just wanna prove to him that you cant always take the word of one person.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just looking for pros and cons of this sled. Im trying to convince my buddy to buy a sled and this is what hes leaning towards but he heard from one mechanic that the 1000's have a problem with blowing up engines. So i just wanna prove to him that you cant always take the word of one person.

My buddy rides the M1000, and he has just over 2000 km's on it with absolutely no issues. Side hills really well. Better then my XP. I out climb him but that probably has to do with the rider, lol. I haven't heard of anyone else having issues. Hope that helps soothe the mind.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a o3/F7 and a 07/M8.When i got the M7 it was the first year they where made and there where lots of recalls but,once the bugs where gone it was and still is a unreal ( SWEET) machine.broke my back with her.When i got my M/8 was happy with her but,started to have problems with the RPMS .Found out i had to clean power valves after each sled trip. I have heard about people haveing problems with the M1000 when they first came out.but,i figure must just be new bugs which would get ironed out .Mainly when people where moding the machine up ! I would tell your friend just to google Problems with M 1000 snowmobiles and he can check for his selve.

INSTGUY

Reaction score
i have an 07 1000 , love it, absolutely no issues, 3 of my good friends also ride 1000's and have had zero issues, just did major engine mods to mine in march 08, porting, pipes, boondocker...still no issues...suzuki makes THE strongest engine on the market...the 1000 is lite, agile and hauls ass...as does the m8, the m8 is even liter!!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i were a cat guy i would look very hard at the HCR on feb. long weekend we are going to see that machine go and i will take it for a spin or two

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i have only heard of 3 engines that had issues and all from what i know have been modified....too much nos - turbo etc...we sell them and i owned a 2007 and had no issues what so ever... we have some 08 153 m1000 on sale for 10000 out the door.......

hope the info helps...

Terry

Brockster1000

Reaction score
I have an 07 m1000, i have the full slp pipe setup, bdx air box and boostwurx controll box, timing key, 2.5 camo extreme and have had no issues it has around 1600 miles on it runs really good

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to thank all those that have replied already. I know the m1000 is a great machine but im just trying to convince my buddy and hopefully this will help. Thanks for letting me know Terry, me and my buddy will be in Edmonton in a couple weeks and was planning on takin a drive out to see you guys.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I have a o3/F7 and a 07/M8.When i got the M7 it was the first year they where made and there where lots of recalls but,once the bugs where gone it was and still is a unreal ( SWEET) machine.broke my back with her.When i got my M/8 was happy with her but,started to have problems with the RPMS .Found out i had to clean power valves after each sled trip. I have heard about people haveing problems with the M1000 when they first came out.but,i figure must just be new bugs which would get ironed out .Mainly when people where moding the machine up ! I would tell your friend just to google Problems with M 1000 snowmobiles and he can check for his selve.

There is no way that you should have to clean your Power Valves every trip. What oil are you running? I gummed up a set on a 800 pretty bad once but once I switched to a good synthetic oil I never had any issues with it again.

Top Bottom