arctic cat 600 fuel delivery issue

bullfrog

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knows why my friends 600 cat keeps quitting after a short ride? last night the plugs seemed really white so we dumped oil in the fuel tank thinking maybe oil pump was bad. top of pistons looked silvery too. also his gas cover was nearly impossible to get off, wondering if maybe its air locked. any help would be greatly appreciated, thx

efi too i forgot

Last edited:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gas tank vent hose plugged . its by the secondary clutch you should be able to blow throw it

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knows why my friends 600 cat keeps quitting after a short ride? last night the plugs seemed really white so we dumped oil in the fuel tank thinking maybe oil pump was bad. top of pistons looked silvery too. also his gas cover was nearly impossible to get off, wondering if maybe its air locked. any help would be greatly appreciated, thx

efi too i forgot

sounds to me like she might be starving for fuel. really white plugs and silvery pistons generally mean it's lean. when you pull the gas cap is she sucking in are. if so the tank isn't venting properly whick could be causing your lean situation. Get her fixed ASAP

Last edited:

bullfrog

Reaction score
tried blowing thru the vent line and it bubbled in to the tank he said. also said the fuel pump is quiet when he starts it after sitting for a bit. when it bogs he said it sounds really loud. ran it around the yard without gas cover and said did the same thing, would that allow the tank to vent?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tried blowing thru the vent line and it bubbled in to the tank he said. also said the fuel pump is quiet when he starts it after sitting for a bit. when it bogs he said it sounds really loud. ran it around the yard without gas cover and said did the same thing, would that allow the tank to vent?

I guess we can rule out venting. Possibly fuel filter is plugged?

Top Bottom