arctic cat 440 air cooled

Customization

Reaction score
hey there i have this old sled runs good its a ditch nager that we got for free i have a few question. first if i remove the old air box and install an after market one will i have to re-jet it if so how do i do this. note it is a single carb . i run fuel injection so it does it all for me.. lol and for clutching it is a flat lander so any suggesstions also thereisnt now clutched on it so im looking for cheap ones

trhaus

Reaction score
as for just removing the air box, probably not but if u change can and clutching maybe. it would also help if u let us know about year. depending on year the clutch can be much different.

Zrt1200

Reaction score
hey there i have this old sled runs good its a ditch nager that we got for free i have a few question. first if i remove the old air box and install an after market one will i have to re-jet it if so how do i do this. note it is a single carb . i run fuel injection so it does it all for me.. lol and for clutching it is a flat lander so any suggesstions also thereisnt now clutched on it so im looking for cheap ones

Well the proper way to tune a carb sled is to start at the idle and work you way to WOT. But being it runs good and all you changed is the air box I would jet up 2 sizes (main Jet) and see what the plugs look like. If it has a low end bog turn the air screw inwards to richen it up. If that does not cure it you will have to go to a bigger pilot jet.

Top Bottom