April conditions

Raptor727

Reaction score
Thank you. Another silly question, can a person drive an F350 and trailer past (over, on top of) the first bridge?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could. Watch the ruts and moguls, there was a truck with two sleds on deck that slipped off the bridge last year or year before. Usually .5 to 1 km past the shack has snow. There is a cut out in the trees on the left we were turning around in then backing further down out of the way. Just leave that cut area open for others and park on one side (unless trail is really wide) and all is good.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We took a 4 place enclosed this time last year and we had to park near the road and ride dirt for a little while. Or shuttle sleds on the back of the truck unless you want to back the trailer up the trail. At that time there was snow quite aways before the first bridge though.

Sent from my iPhone using

jonw

Reaction score
Anyone riding this weekend? What's the snow like uptop? Heading up Monday morning for one final trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a snow line half way down on the rockies side this am.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what's the latest updates? Group of us heading over Thursday morning for a long weekend. Final rip of the season. How's the trails?

hpjunkie

Reaction score
Rode Renshaw last Fri/Sat. Unloaded maybe a km past ticket booth at Renshaw both days. Trail good for time of year/conditions. Coming down Sat started raining at last bridge all the way to bottom. Trail low going away fast. One truck w/deck was parked past first bridge. Rode Bell for a quick ride Sun before heading home. Unloading at 5km parking lot. Trail excellent! Have fun!

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode renshaw yesterday with Jonw. We parked about a km past the collection shack but the snow is pretty patchy from there. As mentioned it is melting quickly though. Up top the snow was good when it softened in the afternoon. Sorry no pics I'll have to upload some later.

Sent from my iPhone using

jonw

Reaction score
Snows still at the roof of the cabin. Today we probed 9 meters at tree line just passed the cabin. Trails melting really fast we parked a km and a half past the collection shack. Patchy snow for the first 8 kms with about 1.5-2km of gravel to ride. Once uptop the snows set up but it's really warm so it makes it pretty slushy making for a great ride! No trouble side hilling with my polaris anywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode Belle Friday morning(may2) snow was set up but good riding for may, left from staging area, trail was good. Rode Lucille Friday afternoon, it was very good. snow was typical spring snow with approx 10cm on top. not a track to be found any where. Drove to km 2 and unloaded in a little roadside clear out on the left. Trail was good shape. Renshaw on Saturday, unloaded approx km 4, lots of patchy areas and a few pure dirt/mud areas untill km 8.5 ish. trail actually wasn't too bad for this time of year. up top everything was ice and very hard pack everywhere we tried. could smell the sliders and eng temps were getting up there even with scratchers. would recomend not travelling all the way in there unless it gets warm to soften up the snow or more fresh falls. Lucille was the best for this weekend. lots of snow at all three, just needs to soften up. was snowing and blowing quite hard when we left Renshaw around 1:30pm

Top Bottom