April conditions

dmkong

Reaction score
Renshaw has gotten easly got 4 feet in the last two days. Best riding of the season.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 582
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 585

Clay911

Reaction score
Was in Renshaw yesterday April 12th and some where along the lines i lost my shovel. If anybody picked up a Red Ortovox Grizzly(Fold Up) shovel i would be willing to pay good money to get it back. Message me. Thanks

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw for the last two days, some of the best snow this year. Lots of avy activity is some areas likly due to rain loading snow, pictures are of a slide at low elevation. Friday saw a wicked slide took out trees but the slide was not icy like usual, could level a path to cross. Most debris I have ever seen in a slide, not only broke the trees off but busted them up also. One tree broken off and it was about 10-15' back from the slide. I have been in the path of slides and felt the wind blasts but never thoght it could break a tree like in picture??? Run out went up the other side of narrow valley and piled up 40' deep. If you get in the path of one of these nothing is going to save you, best to keep eyes up chutes when crossing and just stay out of the way! Will be passing these pictures as well as pictures of the other big slide we saw as well on to Lori as she will likely be interested. Has used other slide pictures I have sent her from Dore. Maybe need a refresher from Zac's on avy training........seem to be heading into to many bad areas????

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 492
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 490
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 492
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where abouts at low elevation was this slide.

Rode Renshaw for the last two days, some of the best snow this year. Lots of avy activity is some areas likly due to rain loading snow, pictures are of a slide at low elevation. Friday saw a wicked slide took out trees but the slide was not icy like usual, could level a path to cross. Most debris I have ever seen in a slide, not only broke the trees off but busted them up also. One tree broken off and it was about 10-15' back from the slide. I have been in the path of slides and felt the wind blasts but never thoght it could break a tree like in picture??? Run out went up the other side of narrow valley and piled up 40' deep. If you get in the path of one of these nothing is going to save you, best to keep eyes up chutes when crossing and just stay out of the way! Will be passing these pictures as well as pictures of the other big slide we saw as well on to Lori as she will likely be interested. Has used other slide pictures I have sent her from Dore. Maybe need a refresher from Zac's on avy training........seem to be heading into to many bad areas????

jonw

Reaction score
Had another unbelievable weekend in mcbride! Snow was deep and the sun was shining Saturday and today! Made for some awesome riding! Did a big mile day Saturday went up past pyramid mountain put 105 miles on my sled Saturday! Trails still in great shape for April however with the warm weather it gets pounded very fast. The lower couple Km are starting to show quite abit of gravel and the parking lot is a mud pit but it's definitely worth it for the snow uptop! Lots of natural avalanches broke loose on north facing slopes. A couple slid right to the rocks so be careful out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had another unbelievable weekend in mcbride! Snow was deep and the sun was shining Saturday and today! Made for some awesome riding! Did a big mile day Saturday went up past pyramid mountain put 105 miles on my sled Saturday! Trails still in great shape for April however with the warm weather it gets pounded very fast. The lower couple Km are starting to show quite abit of gravel and the parking lot is a mud pit but it's definitely worth it for the snow uptop! Lots of natural avalanches broke loose on north facing slopes. A couple slid right to the rocks so be careful out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw the same slide on our way to spirit lake before we went to Pyramid, we left the area about 3PM, out of fuel! We leave pretty early in the morning so we got to break trail through saddle, to Ghost and then we beat up the bush and hills at Spirit before we headed to the ledge at Pyramid. We were the group of 5 at Spirit. Still powdery in the morning but a little sticky in the afternoon. Saturday was awsome snow and a sunny day.

braaapbraaap

Reaction score
Rode renshaw Saturday and bell Sunday. Renshaw was really deep snow and mostly untouched terrain. Was a little sticky and made it a bit hard gettin some places on my lil 146. But the conditions are still amazing up their. And I think will be for awhile yet. Sunday at bell was looking really good riding up the tail. Smooth and lots of snow on the sides but when we broke into the alpine and tried riding the pow we were disappointed. A lot of the area was blown over and had a crust in under. Kept hitting random crusty spots all over the mountain. But we found some good snow eventually in the valley and just rode that area and all the natural kickers that drifted everywhere. Over all was also a really good day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 428

SRT

Reaction score
Was up at Bell Saturday...it was awesome. Blue bird day and good snow

Sent from missing plane.

bbtoys