April conditions

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Nice day today. A little colder today, about -5 when I got up this morning. Some clouds and some sun today - Visability is probably about 85%. Snowed up top Monday night and part of Tuesday. Should be some good conditions up there for the guys this weekend. Not many sledders in town right now, but I hear the snow is really nice up there. Will report more on snow conditions as soon as I hear something more definite.

PLAY SAFE

flatlandguy

Reaction score
where are you located, and what size of groups can you accomodate.

T

I have stayed at Judy's place several times and I can tell you that you will not find a finer place to stay!! Food is GREAT! accommodations are GREAT! and Judy and Barry make you feel like family!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the hills got more fresh snow over night and the clouds are breakin up to let the sun come thru right now.. It should be an awesome weekend for riding this weekend.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
WOW !! You should see the snow we are getting !!! Started about 4:00 pm.
Big, fat, fluffy stuff - a total whiteout. Temp is hovering around zero and a little bit of wind. Might have to post some pictures if this keeps up.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Friday morning and still snowing up top. Sunny, a bit of a breeze and about +2 in town. The guys riding Renshaw yesterday were caught in a whiteout that they had to wait out, but otherwise had a great day. Trails were good except for the first few kilometers up the Renshaw. Given the time of year, that's normal. Supposed to snow off and on most of the weekend.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weather Network says mostly sunny for the weekend, should be a gooder but will have to stay off the steep due to the high temps so its Renshaw for Saturday. Barry, what you doing on Sunday as we're going to one of my secret spots where we have "twice" as much fun.:d:d

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Weather Network says mostly sunny for the weekend, should be a gooder but will have to stay off the steep due to the high temps so its Renshaw for Saturday. Barry, what you doing on Sunday as we're going to one of my secret spots where we have "twice" as much fun.:d:d

All the Robson Valley Search and Rescue people here have a three day intensive Avalanche Rescue Course starting Friday. Barry and the rest of the S&R bunch will be doing this all weekend. Unless you need to be rescued at some point, but I don't think you will.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the Robson Valley Search and Rescue people here have a three day intensive Avalanche Rescue Course starting Friday. Barry and the rest of the S&R bunch will be doing this all weekend. Unless you need to be rescued at some point, but I don't think you will.
If it takes a rescue to hook up with Barry this weekend I think I'll just pass.:eek::d

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
It's Saturday and you will not believe what a beautiful day it is!! Bluebird skies, no wind or clouds in sight. I really hope someone can post pictures of their day today. Should be lots of happy sledders coming off the hills tonight. Supposed to be more of the same for Sunday.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, just got off the mountain, was +12 up top, had about 12"of powder this morning set on a nice base where we were, climbing was pretty easy, good spring snow to go anywhere, had 2 slides come down around us as we were making the pull out of a bowl, again they went straight to the ground. Never seen or heard another sled all day, got some pretty good sun burn today, and ran out of gas ,More of the same for tomorrow. Won't be able to post pics till Monday when we get back to Calgary. Ride safe the avy hazard is still very high.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, just got off the mountain, was +12 up top, had about 12"of powder this morning set on a nice base where we were, climbing was pretty easy, good spring snow to go anywhere, had 2 slides come down around us as we were making the pull out of a bowl, again they went straight to the ground. Never seen or heard another sled all day, got some pretty good sun burn today, and ran out of gas ,More of the same for tomorrow. Won't be able to post pics till Monday when we get back to Calgary. Ride safe the avy hazard is still very high.

You just got to rub it in don't ya, keep it up and I won't pull you out next weekend:givemebeer:

osama

Reaction score
unbelivable ride saturday, ton's of snow, be sure to pack a bigger jerry can and dont forget sun block, sun is wicked:beer: ride safe

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL... don't pull him out with mine either!!! I want to break it in... not BREAK IT! lol

Glad you had a good day Dave! Hoping that there are some good days still left for me!

I am quite certain that the snow will be awesome the weekend you show bud!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, just got thome from an amazing weekend, easily the best weekend of riding this season. Rode unmarked snow all weekend, double digits above zero both days, sunburn, and no fuel left, not much more to ask for than that. Well, maybe there is, headed back out on thursday, so here's to hoping for another weekend of the same. A few pics from the riding this weekend.

Attachments

• 100_2184.jpg
    100_2184.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_2199.jpg
    100_2199.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_2202.jpg
    100_2202.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_2204.jpg
    100_2204.jpg