April conditions

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Belle today. Mud for the first km from the parking lot. Snow was terrible. Set up and hard pack everywhere. And yet in the burn we got pretty stuck trying to get back out. Going to Renshaw tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heimie,

Please report back, 4 of us headed up tomorrow to ride renshaw sun and mon.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
She's fairly greasy. My crystal ball is trying me the gate will be locked after the weekend. Don't think there was anyone on the trail all week, it was like a highway. Late April conditions out there.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's fairly greasy. My crystal ball is trying me the gate will be locked after the weekend. Don't think there was anyone on the trail all week, it was like a highway. Late April conditions out there.

So you guys parked at km 2, and rode from there? Could you tell me what km the mud ended? Trying to figure out what to do today. Thanks.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Patches of snow till 9km for cooling?? Or straight mud rock?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
patches of snow and ice. with deck you can get a long ways toward snow. no trailers.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, heading to town now. What would be the safest drop down behind mount renshaw to head back to spirit lake with the spring conditions?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Belle today. Mud for the first km from the parking lot. Snow was terrible. Set up and hard pack everywhere. And yet in the burn we got pretty stuck trying to get back out. Going to Renshaw tomorrow.

How was renshaw today?

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail up to Renshaw was mud and gravel till km 11. Another 500m at km 17. Trucks with decks can go quite a ways up. Snow for cooling is very limited, but we unloaded at km 2 parking lot. Other than that when the sun came out and softened up the snow it was pretty good for the time of year. We were the first into the Anthills. Saddle, Ladder and Shortcut were all pretty sketchy but still lots of guys came through the Saddle. We did not. Might try Lucille for half a day tomorrow.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Lucille this morning. Unloaded at km 3 but prob could've went over the first bridge. First ones up and the snow was like concrete. Ski keels and lugs weren't making tracks. We left by noon to get home. I'm sure with no clouds and warm temps in the afternoon it would have softened up and been decent. Had a hard time keeping the sleds cool in the alpine, with or without scratchers.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did renshaw today, parked around 7-8km. Trail is mud till about 9-10 than has good coverage. Snow is disappearing fast up there, lots of rocks showing. Snow back at spirit lake was soft but everywhere else was concrete. Blue bird all day, rode in our shirts for most of the day. It was nice to get out and explore but I think that's the season and we will head it home tomorrow.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, mount renshaw slid right down to the rocks, what a pile of snow at the bottom. Monster chunks the size of a sled or larger. Some monster cornices still hanging in there.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, mount renshaw slid right down to the rocks, what a pile of snow at the bottom. Monster chunks the size of a sled or larger. Some monster cornices still hanging in there.
:nopics::nopics:

can you post up some pics please.

Top Bottom