April conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belle riding from the parking lot on snow.
Lucille from parking lot for 1/2 km on dirt.
Renshaw from 2 km parking lot will up date this evening as i am going up this pm.
Grooming will be ongoing this week and into the weekend on all three trails. trail fees are still in effect.

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought Rod might needed another spark plug for his ford since one rattled out one day, he thought it was game for the old girl.

The whoosh sound of air flowing threw the spark hole freeked him out as he ain't never heard it before. Ha.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode RENSHAW today out past Spirit Lake after checking out the south end of the backside meadows. Looks like only 4 sleds have gone to the lake since I was ther last Friday - still faintly see Friday's tracks.
Snow was crusty in the morning (on the hill before 08:00) and wet in the afternoon so typical spring conditions.
Sunny all day so some great pictures.

Releases coming off of rock outcroppings at both Mt Pauline and Spririt area as well as some small surface slides on south facing slopes along the way, did not spot any fractures. Snow was similar throughout Renshaw.
With the temps to be in the mid teens these releases will likely continue and increase, cornice calving will likely start soon with the amout of water in the snow - getting slushy off of the skis by mid afternoon. Kind of early but there are going to be sustained high temps - definatly something to watch for. Met about 20 vehicles with sleds heading to mountains to play so keep a sharp eye out for terrain that will have releases.

Trail loosing snow at base but still very rideable for those heading out. Mid to upper trail in great shape even with the temps. Scratchers needed this morning as we left early at temp of -3 as we only had one day to ride.

Here are a few pics:

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 792
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 793
  • P3.jpg
    P3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 795
  • P4.jpg
    P4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw trail is very skinny on snow for the first 3 km after the 2 km parking lot. snow on the sides of the trail for some cooling. after that it is good. DO NOT DRIVE PAST THE PARKING LOT WITH TRUCKS.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now that the clouds have cleared snow line is half way down mountains on the rocky side of the valley.

wilson74

Reaction score
Spring Conditions but damn is it ever fun to get out on them long days. Treck anywhere, T-shirts, and decent trail conditions. Renshaw trail will dwindle fast but the boys groomed her up good this weekend. Snow depth definitely not like the past so get out before its gone. Boating season is soon approaching.

IMG_0673[1].jpg

Last edited:

Ohmz

Reaction score
Anyone riding on Friday that wouldn't mind a tag along. The rest of my crew isn't showing up till Friday night, but I got the day off and wouldn't mind getting an extra day in.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding on Friday that wouldn't mind a tag along. The rest of my crew isn't showing up till Friday night, but I got the day off and wouldn't mind getting an extra day in.
call me tomorrow nite. if i get my work done tomorrow i would go up fri am. not to early though.

Ohmz

Reaction score
call me tomorrow nite. if i get my work done tomorrow i would go up fri am. not to early though.

awesome, thx Barry,... I'm gonna hookup with a group and ride vale i do believe :)

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's my guess too. I know Renshaw is muddy with snow/ice on sides for first two kms from km2 staging area. Never heard anything on Lucille in a while though.

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at renshaw tuesday. Mud and dirt till km 7.5

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Ohmz

Reaction score
Did anyone make it up to Renshaw today? Was thinking of burning up a set of skis tomorrow trying to get in there.

Top Bottom