Anybody else see this hero?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 157

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats Ray, what are you gonna do with it? Let the GF ride it? Was a blast riding with you guys, would love to do it again. Kelly.

Reaction score
This was definitely a challenging rally. Not sure if any of you seen me but I almost did lose my quad three time on that first "lake". The permafrost broke and I was in shoulder high freezing water. I wish I could find the girl who took the picture of my Can-am half way tipped over stuck underneath a huge chunk of ice, I must be the luckiest guy around because it tipped on the opposite side from the exhaust and my snorkels stayed dry too. When the quad stopped my heart stopped too haha, we had a hell of a time trying to pull it out as it was completely stuck under the ice. To everyone's surprise the thing fired right up. Anyway, I'd like to thank all the good samaritans out there! What a day!

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a pretty good ride day, could have done without the rain, my fault for not bringing a rain jacket :)

Carl's phone call at the end of the day was a good way to finish.

Thanks Joey/Mike for coming back and being a courier for me.

Hey Ray, didn't we all agree before we started the rally that we were going to split all our winnings equally?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was definitely a challenging rally. Not sure if any of you seen me but I almost did lose my quad three time on that first "lake". The permafrost broke and I was in shoulder high freezing water. I wish I could find the girl who took the picture of my Can-am half way tipped over stuck underneath a huge chunk of ice, I must be the luckiest guy around because it tipped on the opposite side from the exhaust and my snorkels stayed dry too. When the quad stopped my heart stopped too haha, we had a hell of a time trying to pull it out as it was completely stuck under the ice. To everyone's surprise the thing fired right up. Anyway, I'd like to thank all the good samaritans out there! What a day!

I took a picture, but my thumb must have gotten in the way. Shortly after Mik-B rode over there to get a butter look and also fell though the ice. I thnk that's your rear tire at the very left of the pic.

P4270272.jpg

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought this was kinda cool, so I took a pic. Near the end, we saw the poor guy hobbling his quad back with only 6 tires. Lokked like the left, rear axle had completely snapped off.

P4270274.jpg

rigdog

Reaction score
kid in the hi vus jacket above is my boy,i helped pull ot the one swamped honda and get it going. that swamp was a gong show! awesome! oh yeah i was the white gade with green eyes!

rigdog

Reaction score
what was with all the different colored tickeys for the draws that was a little confusing? oh and most rallies i have seen include a meal afterwards and some even do free breakfast with a 25 dollar entry.

rigdog

Reaction score
not too bad 60 bucks woth of stuff and maybe an hours time,the cvt intake and engine air intake pretty straight forward. cvt exhaust is a little trickier has to run over the battery and under some otherbplastic but not too bad.

Last edited:

rayf01

Reaction score
Congrats Ray, what are you gonna do with it? Let the GF ride it? Was a blast riding with you guys, would love to do it again. Kelly.

No sure yet. Wife wants a dirt bike so we'll see.

Hey Ray, didn't we all agree before we started the rally that we were going to split all our winnings equally?

I must have been inside for that meeting :)

I took a picture, but my thumb must have gotten in the way. Shortly after Mik-B rode over there to get a butter look and also fell though the ice. I thnk that's your rear tire at the very left of the pic.

View attachment 155060

I was in front of Mike pulling out the sunk CanAm. Everytime I loaded up the winch to pull you could hear the ice under me shifting suprised not more people didn't fall through.

Reaction score

View attachment 155060

I'm not in this picture.

Here is what my quad looks like, some of you may recognize it because of the LTE exhaust:
3344rup.jpg

Here is a couple pics from the rally:
333j0o8.jpg

n66rsg.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder if anybody may know the girl I'm looking for. She was driving an orange mudpro and was with some of the organizers of the rally. I was unable to find her after we pulled out my quad. I really want that picture haha!

Top Bottom