Apex mtn Poker run

Apex Sledder

Reaction score
Hey guys i'am involved in a Bar and restaurant on Apex mtn. We are planning a 2 day poker run at the end of March live band and all that. Anyone have any idea's to make it a success,never had anything to do with one before. Info would be app. Apex Sledder

Hey guys i want to clarify this event ,it won't be a big drinking session then race around on sleds, it seems that some people on this site can't see past the Bar end of the message,just looking for info on the best way to run the event. Thanks Apex Sledder

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya I got a great one. SERVE NO LIQUOR and save our sport from the image of a bunch of drunk sledders. Save it for when the Rally is over and sleds parked away. Get a grip this isnt the 70s. If you can, buy lots of Liabilty insurance:nono:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Glen says save the booze for after, but if you contact someone with the BCSF, they should be able to help you out with organizing a rally. I know the ASA here has the registration forms, entry cards (or at least templates you can use to print your own forms and cards)and the whole shootin' match.
The two things that we did last year that significantly reduced standing around time were pre registration the night before(took most of the locals out of the morning lineup) and parking lot attendants(it only takes one idiot in a crew cab with a four place to screw up a whole parking lot for everyone else).

Apex Sledder

Reaction score
Ya thanks for the info ,there was no intention to bring the booze into the picture,iwouldn't risk the business just to put on a rally.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya thanks for the info ,there was no intention to bring the booze into the picture,iwouldn't risk the business just to put on a rally.

HEY APEX: I KNOW SLEDDERGLEN NEVER MEANT ANYTHING BY WHAT HE SUGGESTED. GLEN HAS BEEN SLEDDIN' SINCE BEFORE THE MOUNTAINS WERE MADE, AND HE HAS LOTS OF EXPERIENCE ON EVENTS LIKE THIS AND HE HAS SEEN FIRST HAND, WHAT CAN AND WHAT HAS HAPPENENED IN THE PAST, AND I THINK HE WAS JUST GIVING YOU A SUGGESTION TO KEEP THIS EVENT SAFE AND SUCCESSFUL. I BELIEVE HE WAS JUST SUGGESTING TO TRY AND SEPERATE THE "PUB" IMAGE FROM THE RALLY AND HAVE A GREAT TIME. SLEDDERGLEN IS TRULY A GREAT FELLA' AND HE IS A PAST "ALBERTA SNOWMOBILE ASSOCIATION" PRESIDENT AND STILL VERY INVOLVED WITH ASA ETC. HERE IN ALBERTA. I'VE BEEN TO MY SHARE OF "SUNPIT SAFARIS" WHILE SKIING AND THE PUB ISSUE IS ALWAYS THERE, BECAUSE THE BAND IS PLAYIN', THE SKIING IS GOOD, AND WE LOVE OUR BEERS. NOW DOO YOU SEE THE ASSOCIATION?? ANYWAY, I KNOW SLEDDERGLEN NEVER MEANT THAT AS AN ASSAULT, BUT JUST A SUGGESTION, OKAY??
LIKE SUMMITEER SAYS, CONTACT THE BCSF AND THEY CAN GIVE YOU A HAND AND LOTS OF INFO ON THIS TOPIC....... GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US INFORMED.... MIGHT BE WORTH THE DRIVE TO TAKE IN A GOOD RALLY IN PENTICTON. MY INLAWS USED TO LIVE THERE AND WE DID LOTS OF SKIING ON APEX........ GREAT HILL!!!

Top Bottom