Apex A-ARms

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to replace the a-arms on my Apex and wanted to hear if anyone could provide some opinions on the options out there. How are the Timbersled front ends holding up? Are there any issues with the ball joints wearing out?

I'm also considering MPI's cromoly arms and Hartman's cromoly arms. Anyone got any experience with these?

I want to keep the stock width so Hartman's may not work as, I believe, they increase the width from 39 to 41".

My preference is to keep the stock spindles to save a few $ ('bout $300 cheaper than timbersled) and because I can use my stock a-arms as spares. I'd like to think I'm all done smacking the odd tree but I doubt it!

Any other options out there worth considering?

Anyone got some stock blue ones laying around?

Thanks,

Shawn.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running Timbersled suspension in my 07 Apex and it works well. I haven't had any issues. I always make sure that everything is well lubricated before each ride and so far it hasn't let me done. And yes I have even hit trees with it.

Good luck on your decision.:beer:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Johnboyturbo, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one left riding an Apex in Western Canada!

Good to hear they can take a few tree hits. Most of my riding is in the trees, where the best snow is at! I've more or less worn out the stock arms - they are eating bushings now.

With everyone going timbersled you would think there would be a bunch of stock a-arms laying around but I'm having trouble finding any. I'll ask around at the Calgary sled show I guess.

Yami wants $667 for just the left a-arms so I know I'm not going stock new. If I cannot find used stock I'll go Timbersled or MPI. Any tips on which sled shop in AB might have a-arms laying around?

Thanks,

Shawn.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are no stock A-arms lying around because everyone keeps them as spares. Just in case. That's what I am doing.
Slave Lake Yamaha should have some spares. They did up an Apex two seasons ago and they used to have all the spare parts in their storage room. They might cut you a deal on them. There has been some more customers doing up apexs lately so they could have even more stuff. Ask for steve or Trev.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try there as well as the other Yami mod shops.

tapex

Reaction score
I am running Timbersled suspension in my 07 Apex and it works well. I haven't had any issues. I always make sure that everything is well lubricated before each ride and so far it hasn't let me done. And yes I have even hit trees with it.

Good luck on your decision.:beer:

Remember the one dropping into Monster?:alol2: I can't believe it didn't bend! We can laugh about it now.:beer:

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember the one dropping into Monster?:alol2: I can't believe it didn't bend! We can laugh about it now.:beer:

Ya thanks for reminding me. Never mind the tree, The RX-1 that piled into the back of my sled sure didn't help either. But I must say I have one tuff sled. Gotta love the Apex.:d

Top Bottom