anywhere near westlock to quad

brent n

Reaction score
lookin at getting out in a few days is there any where open for quads yet? maybe vega or by flatbush or long lake any thoughts

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go strait north out off westlock on 44. Go until you see the Dap store, turn there then go North on the gravel road as soon as you turn off the high way. Follow that till you see the turn off for Long Island lake. Take that rode till you see the campsite then there is a y in the road tick left and it will take you to a sand pit. Unload there and you will find tones of trails. Lots of fun to be had there. If you go to vega you will have to go through the Fort cause ferry is not running yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I should read closer. I thought you where looking for directions. My bad lol. I feel a bit dumb now

brent n

Reaction score
wonder if the sledders are still trying to use the trails at the lake or no snow in the bush ether

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been quadding the last few weekends. You'd be crazy if you were still sledding around here now and have more to worry about then quads.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Go strait north out off westlock on 44. Go until you see the Dap store, turn there then go North on the gravel road as soon as you turn off the high way. Follow that till you see the turn off for Long Island lake. Take that rode till you see the campsite then there is a y in the road tick left and it will take you to a sand pit. Unload there and you will find tones of trails. Lots of fun to be had there. If you go to vega you will have to go through the Fort cause ferry is not running yet.

they've paved that road now, that North Highway 801 I think it is.... been paved for about 4 years

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they've paved that road now, that North Highway 801 I think it is.... been paved for about 4 years

It's been probably 6 or so since I been out that way. Nice to know that now.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Westlock Track of course. To the east The old Clyde track if its still around. Opal staging area isn't far. To the north at Vega. Hells Half Acre to the south, Alberta beach. Long Lake also to the north. Further north Chisolm Mills. You can ride those trails north to Smith & Hondo.

brent n

Reaction score
The Westlock Track of course. To the east The old Clyde track if its still around. Opal staging area isn't far. To the north at Vega. Hells Half Acre to the south, Alberta beach. Long Lake also to the north. Further north Chisolm Mills. You can ride those trails north to Smith & Hondo.

where is chisolm mills?

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is chisolm mills?

brent n. Attached is a JPEG from one of my Garmin GPS Mapping Software Programs, that shows the CHISHOLM/HONDA/SMITH area. When you ask for places NEER Westlock????. Chisholm is +- 108 kms from Westlock.

Bruce.

Attachments

• CHISHOLM-HONDO-SMITH, AB..jpg
    CHISHOLM-HONDO-SMITH, AB..jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 127

landownunder

Reaction score

Are you allowed to camp in an RV at the sand pit area where you unload or do you have to stay in the camp site? If you stay in the campsite are you allowed to ride your quad right from the campsite?

Thanks

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can camp at the sand pit. Or a few areas around there to if you do a bit of exploring. The campsite used to let you ride out of it years ago but not sure about now. And there is random camping on the other side of the riding area. I haven't been there for years do my directions will suck. But if you keep going down highway 44 past the Dap store for aways there is another highway the runs east and west. Go down that highway east the you will see where people ride. There is random camping there. That is where that guy lived in the bush there for years. His name was Larry.

Top Bottom