Anyone weigh their Nytro ?

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never hear any actual weights for the Nytros. I must admit that after running turbos for a few years the weight issue doesn't seem to be that big of a deal, except to everyone else :p I hear all the time how I must have a tough time and get tired riding a heavy 4 stroke, especially an old guy like me:rolleyes:. Last season I put a new ride together and took some weight off but not sure how much so I have a scale coming so I can find out. Must admit it sure is a fun ride. Anyone weigh theirs? or want to guess what it will come in at full of everything with or wthout 40 litres of fuel(oversize tank)
270 MCX kit, large fuel tank, Timbersled front end with Float X, Simmons Gen 2, Timbersled skid, 4 wheel axle, 162 X 16 X 2.5 CE, 10s battery, CR tunnel with stiffeners and tunnel dump. Will also check what 40l of fuel weighs out of curiosity, probably around 75lbs

Picture063.jpg

tapex

Reaction score
Ha Ha! More than mine because you have big ski's and a bigger windshield w/ bag. LOL :d:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesn't matter what it weighs in the shop its always a tonne or more once you get it stuck.:d

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled ready to ride with 40l of fuel and a spare belt

Picture073.jpg

Picture074.jpg

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tapex's sled full of 40l of fuel and spare belt ready to ride. I guess a smaller battery, windshield, handguards really do make a difference

Picture077.jpg

Picture076.jpg

cobbycat

Reaction score
c3 powersports/powderlites turbo 1200 ski-doo, 174"x16"x3" ez ride with coolant and oil, no fuel. so add 10gal fuel at 8.66lbs/gal

467lbs sled+87lbs fuel+2lbs spare belt=556lbs ready to go.

Attachments

• c3 002.jpg
    c3 002.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 75
  • c3 001.jpg
    c3 001.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 67

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon fibre chassis sounds cool for big weight loss 'cos that Doo motor has to be pretty close in weight to the Yammy motor. So I think I will be lookin' at a carbon chassis too:d If I get my hands on one I will get a real wet weight, then will know for sure. In the meantime these sleds rock at 270hp 620lbs full of everything. They must be low 5's dry :d I'll also give up a few pounds anyday for the proven reliability:beer:

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Carbon fibre chassis sounds cool for big weight loss 'cos that Doo motor has to be pretty close in weight to the Yammy motor. So I think I will be lookin' at a carbon chassis too:d If I get my hands on one I will get a real wet weight, then will know for sure. In the meantime these sleds rock at 270hp 620lbs full of everything. They must be low 5's dry :d I'll also give up a few pounds anyday for the proven reliability:beer:
So 620-72lbs for 40l of fuel would be 548. It looks like I was pretty close when I said 550 give or take a few.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tapex's sled full of 40l of fuel and spare belt ready to ride. I guess a smaller battery, windshield, handguards really do make a difference

Picture077.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Nice, Thats one fine looking sled in the background!!!!! May have to see what mine weighs when I come tp pick it up Wednesday.

tapex

Reaction score
Not too bad considering all the re-inforcements on the sled. Take off the tunnel stiffeners, foot well stiffeners, tool kit, 4 wheel kit, extra braces swapped over from stock tunnel for jumping, gas rack, o/s fuel tank and she would be probably low 5's (no fuel). But, we can ride the crap out of them all day 100+k in a day and they hold up! Kinda surprised, doesn't feel anywhere near that weight when riding it .... or getting it stuck.:d:beer:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 620-72lbs for 40l of fuel would be 548. It looks like I was pretty close when I said 550 give or take a few.

Tough to get much closer. Good one. Your's sure flies up the hills :beer:

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Tough to get much closer. Good one. Your's sure flies up the hills :beer:
Thanks.Ya it works pretty good. I'm thinking it is probably 20-30 lbs more than these ones. I think 550 is really light when you think how durable these things are. I would guess the carbon fibre sleds won't take the beating these Yamaha's do. I guess time will tell.

kpelsma

Reaction score
I never hear any actual weights for the Nytros. I must admit that after running turbos for a few years the weight issue doesn't seem to be that big of a deal, except to everyone else :p I hear all the time how I must have a tough time and get tired riding a heavy 4 stroke, especially an old guy like me:rolleyes:. Last season I put a new ride together and took some weight off but not sure how much so I have a scale coming so I can find out. Must admit it sure is a fun ride. Anyone weigh theirs? or want to guess what it will come in at full of everything with or wthout 40 litres of fuel(oversize tank)
270 MCX kit, large fuel tank, Timbersled front end with Float X, Simmons Gen 2, Timbersled skid, 4 wheel axle, 162 X 16 X 2.5 CE, 10s battery, CR tunnel with stiffeners and tunnel dump. Will also check what 40l of fuel weighs out of curiosity, probably around 75lbs

Picture063.jpg
Wow! thats one good looking sled:camera:
Good job

Top Bottom