Anyone Try Simmons Ski's on the XM?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of the DS II stock ski's on the XM sleds. Anybody try Simmon's yet? I have a set from my previous XP and liked them but thought I would give the stockers a try first.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why are you not a fan of them...is it cosmetic or function?I want to change mine too just to personalize my sled not because i think there is a ski that will do better than the stalk doo ski..My question would be because they moved the spindle towards the back of the ski so much (to improve side hilling) would another ski be a detriment to the XM's off trail handling...On the trail i wouldn't really care.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snopro, I put a set on my XM and its unreal how much more responsive they are over the stock skis. Can't imagine not having them now!

I am not a big fan of the DS II stock ski's on the XM sleds. Anybody try Simmon's yet? I have a set from my previous XP and liked them but thought I would give the stockers a try first.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why are you not a fan of them...is it cosmetic or function?I want to change mine too just to personalize my sled not because i think there is a ski that will do better than the stalk doo ski..My question would be because they moved the spindle towards the back of the ski so much (to improve side hilling) would another ski be a detriment to the XM's off trail handling...On the trail i wouldn't really care.

I find they are terrible on the trail. They dart all over the place yet they won't turn at speed when cornering. I feel they are a good ski in powder but even after our Kuster customer ride the only complaint we had about the sled from peeps was the ski's on the trail up.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Simmons are darty, I would check the alignment, needs just a little toe-out. Or excessive ski pressure will make it darty too. I would think it should dart less with the Simmons, at least that was my experience on other chassis....havn't run them on the XM yet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Simmons are darty, I would check the alignment, needs just a little toe-out. Or excessive ski pressure will make it darty too. I would think it should dart less with the Simmons, at least that was my experience on other chassis....havn't run them on the XM yet.

No talking about the Doo ski Brew. Going to try and get away from the dartiness by going to the Simmons ski.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always like d the simmons, one big benefit is the front hoop. They don't crush your pinky finger when you pull on them.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snopro, my buddy xpmountainrider has been telling me for years how good the Simmons are but I have always responded with " if BRP starts selling their sleds without skis, i'll buy Some Simmons" Now I can't believe how much I was really missing out! ( sold my stockers and picked up used in new condition for $65 difference lol )

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Snopro if you dont want your Simmons our club can use them on our Scandic SWT to make it turn better. Love free stuff. Junk to you treasures to a poor snowmobile club

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind Glen. I just put the Simmons on my sled today to try out for the next trip. Hopefully they don't affect any of the powder performance of the XM.

Top Bottom