Starts at about 1:10......looks like it kicks up a good rooster tail

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0lj3wNHDw[/YOUTUBE]

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starts at about 1:10......looks like it kicks up a good rooster tail

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0lj3wNHDw[/YOUTUBE]
you
looks like they'ed kick up enough snow to make sure you'd be up front on the trail all day, if your into trail ridin' all day......

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know about ski scratchers but i got the other style that bolts to the rails and they make the diffference for me still on my first set of slidders :d

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the slider scratchers for the track, work good. Was out last year in deep, but hard packed snow (was so hard the sled wasn't cooling) so put the scratchers down and cooled sled down great. Now I just have to quit backing up with the damn things down!!! Good thing they're tough.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ive heard from several people they do work but not near as good as the ones mounted to the rails.Mine are in the rails,never tried the ski ones but if it aint brike dont fix it!
catmando!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, going to have to give er a try....

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put my scratchers on the skis.. works well in that it tosses snow / ice onto the entire track not just the back half or aft of the scratcher placement on the rails and it seems to toss a bit up onto the exchanger as well :d

papafinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive heard from several people they do work but not near as good as the ones mounted to the rails.Mine are in the rails,never tried the ski ones but if it aint brike dont fix it!
catmando!

dad put a set on his rmk and they didn't work near as good as the rail mounted scratchers. But this particular brand did not have a tip on the scratcher itself....

bullfrog123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful with those, I forgot to remove them one day, hooked the trailer when loading and busted the back 6" of ski off:( Also saw it happen when buddy was crossing a log.

They work fine, but I prefer rail mounted as they have more "give";)

Mel79

Reaction score
Have the slider scratchers for the track, work good. Was out last year in deep, but hard packed snow (was so hard the sled wasn't cooling) so put the scratchers down and cooled sled down great. Now I just have to quit backing up with the damn things down!!! Good thing they're tough.

Just to let you know. A lot of members in our group seem to have the same problem...lol They do make back up friendly ones as well. They still work really good too. You can get them through Specialty Sleds in Edmonton.

Top Bottom