Anyone run Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires?

rgashkei

Reaction score
I am on my second set, had 70,000 miles on my last ones. Love the tire, great on ice. I have an 04 Duramax 3500 and they will stop on ice and snow better than any tire I have ever had. Got a buddy to put them on his 2011 Tundra and he loves them as well.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Pro grade on my 2003 GM 2500 Duramax. Great tire except I find that they wear quick. I do nothing but tow with that truck and tires do not seem to last.

Good thing about them is that Goodyear (maybe its Fountain Tire) has a tread "warranty". Even though I have to replace them, they give you a great deal on the "trade" Last set after putting 17,000km on them, and them looking that they were wore out, cost me something like $180 to get a new set of 4.

Greg

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great tire, too bad they aren't available anymore.i ran a set on my 2500 dmax, got 80,000kms out of them running them year round.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just bought a set of take offs(brand new)from where I work, pro series and had them installed ,I have always disliked Goodyear as they are ****ty tires in my experience . Got em super cheap so will give them a try, good aggressive tread so one good winter and I will be happy.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the general grabber AT2's just put my second set on, still have a bout 40% on the old after 60,000-65,000kms set just changed em out cause I got a crazy deal on them.....will put the old ones back on in the summer to wear them out.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I've got 16" rims and just bought some duratracs. Other than a bit of road noise and they feel a bit soft they are good so far...see how they do i nthe winter.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I've got 16" rims and just bought some duratracs. Other than a bit of road noise and they feel a bit soft they are good so far...see how they do i nthe winter.

I have been running the durratrac's on my truck and I love them. they have been the best set of tires I have bought in a long time. great in the winter, especially considering the lug pattern

Top Bottom