Anyone ride there new pro with out the steering stabilizer bar?

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a chance to break in my new sled and love it, drive shaft is still in one piece. So now I'm going to start playing with the front end and try to get my suspension set up. I narrowed up my ski stance as much as I can and softened up my front shocks, it feels a bit better but hard to tell in the shop. I'm thinking abut removing the stabilizer bar, I had it removed on my last sled ( 2008 rev xp) and liked how it felt, I have talked to a few guys that say the new pros are "too tippy" without the bar. I find this hard to believe I have never had a sled be to tippy, I'm headed to revy this weekend so I should get a good feel for the new sled.

My question is has anyone rode with and with out there stabilizer bar and how did they like it?

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Drifter1

Reaction score
Took mine out. Works better. Rides worse on the trail. Rolls over easier when side hilling. Try it.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats the only way to ride it. pulled mine out and like it way more. and now i have the z broz a-arms, 34" center to center on the skis:cool:
No such thing as too tippy!!

Reaction score
This is my first new sled and i rode 40 miles with it in and the sled handled pretty good! Took it off and rode 40 more and to me it was night and day difference! I love my sled so much more with it off, wont go back!!! The nice part is that it only takes a couple mins to take off or put on so if you dont like it you can go back way easy!!! Have Fun!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will try mine out too. The Walker Evans shocks suck azz. Can't wait to upgrade.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Garage boondocking is the easiest way to judge vital adjustments.. Plus i ride way better in the garage.

Well at least you admit to ridding better in the garage, ba ha ha
You get that riser figured out?

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats the only way to ride it. pulled mine out and like it way more. and now i have the z broz a-arms, 34" center to center on the skis:cool:

34" is crazy, how much were the new a arms? I ended up just pulling the stabilizer bar last night. But I like the idea of 34"

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think removing it would help a bigger guy lay a 163 over in the mountains? I seem to be having a hard time with it.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the idea behind it, the bar links both arms together this stiffens up the front makin it more stabile, when you remove it you get more flex makin it easier to get on it's side

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think removing it would help a bigger guy lay a 163 over in the mountains? I seem to be having a hard time with it.

Okay... It should be pretty easy even with the stabilizer bar in. Are your shocks set super super stiff? I'm 125lbs and I don't have any problem... It should require just a little rider input, a well times throttle flick and a wick on the skis and she's laying down...

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turn right to go left or left to go right and throw your body to counter steer to the direction you want to go. If you don't believe me, tip you sled on it side like you were to side hill and see where your skis point. Just sayin

Blaksled

Reaction score
I have had a chance to break in my new sled and love it, drive shaft is still in one piece. So now I'm going to start playing with the front end and try to get my suspension set up. I narrowed up my ski stance as much as I can and softened up my front shocks, it feels a bit better but hard to tell in the shop. I'm thinking abut removing the stabilizer bar, I had it removed on my last sled ( 2008 rev xp) and liked how it felt, I have talked to a few guys that say the new pros are "too tippy" without the bar. I find this hard to believe I have never had a sled be to tippy, I'm headed to revy this weekend so I should get a good feel for the new sled.

My question is has anyone rode with and with out there stabilizer bar and how did they like it?

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
Got my first ride in last weekend and I agree with you 100%. Pulled my stabilizer when I got home. Keep hearing people say its too tippy. I think we're looking for tippy because we're not used to having stabilizer bars on previous sleds. My M8 had no stabilizer bar and it was not "too" tippy. Let me know what you think with it out and I'll post as well! Good luck!!

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ha! Yes there is! I had an old '96 RMK XLT I bought for the wife. It would fall over just sitting there! If anyone has seen the Simpson's episode with the tomacco farm, and Homer's tractor would flip over on top of him, that was this old sled!

Top Bottom