Anyone own a Carbon 31' travel trailer toy hauler? Reviews + Opinions? Made by Keysto

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking into options for the family to do some camping and quading this summer.

Down to either regular trailer + sled deck with a hitch extension for the overhang and swing while turning.

Or no deck and 1 quad in the box with the other and kids quads in the toy hauler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak about the toy hauler, but I think you may want to look into the extensions a little bit before you consider the deck with extension idea. I just bought a deck and was thinking an extension would be nice for backing the 28' 4 enclosed into tight spots. From what I could find the average weight rating is 3000-3500 lbs. that is the dry weight of my 20' enclosed dry with nothing inside. It may just work out better to do the toy hauler and one big guy in the box.

If if you find a heavier extension I would love to know what and where you found.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Take a look at the Amped 26 FS We bought one from Tee Pee RV in Camrose. It can haul 2 full size quads and there's room for your kids quads. They are heavier, but built solid. Holds 174 gallons of fresh.... you never run out!! They have one left ad were ready to negotiate on the price. Ask for Don!

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of options available. Depends to a high degree (in my case anyway) what your wife likes. I could not talk mine into sleeping in our garage so the toy hauler was out. If you will be pulling a trailer with a deck on your truck you will be limited in your options unless you have a one ton. We came to the conclusion that for all the p*ssing around, it just made more sense to have my wife pull the the toy trailer behind her SUV and I drive the fifth wheel which works well for us.

Steve Slade

Reaction score
Looking into options for the family to do some camping and quading this summer.

Down to either regular trailer + sled deck with a hitch extension for the overhang and swing while turning.

Or no deck and 1 quad in the box with the other and kids quads in the toy hauler.

i have the carbon 32. It's a great unit no major issues so far . Only thing is I regret not waiting till this year to buy for the new carbon 35. It has a 12 foot garage with the new Moryde patio setup and the 2016 carbons have a new updated interior that is absolutely beautiful. Mines only one year old and it looks so dated now compared to the new ones. If all you need is a ten foot garage you will love the carbon 31 but keep in mind there is no patio option on the 31 32 or 33. It's only available on the 35 as far as TT models go. If you have the extra dough u should check out the 35 before buying the 31. We came down to the jayco octane 32c or the carbon. After going and checking both out the carbon looked much nicer and better quality although the carbon was 10000 dollars more. I have a 6.6 sled deck on my truck on a 5.5 box and there is no issue of it even coming close to hitting the camper while turning. I would buy another keystone I think my next one will be a raptor or fusion though. But I'm always needing my sleddeck so I may always be stuck with a bumper pull.

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the info guys. We ended up getting a 33 carbon with the new interior and the new patio ordered from the factory 2017 model. Was the same price as a 2016 current model will be here middle of May or June 1st at the latest. We cannot wait the quality was nice for sure.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little late but i have the 31 only complaint I have is i wish it was the new layout. so far great trailer. Oh and I dislike the overflow vent on top of the freshwater tank if you fill it to full it drips water out of the underbelly.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I bought a Hyperlight 27HFS, Was the lightest bumper pull toy hauler I could find that still had a separate garage.. Awesome trailer... Build in genny and a fuel station for the quads that is plumbed right into the genny so you arent messing around with fuel and stuff. love it so far.

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea the generator and fuel station was a big plus for me. And the added patio setup that snaps and sets up in 5 minutes was nice also. Counting down the days now until it comes in from he factory

Top Bottom