Anyone lend hand on belt deflection and depth

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Don't have the belt deflection bar, but I know my m7 is way off, belt chirps idling once the belt has warmed up. I want to head to bc to go sledding this long weekend was wondering if someone could lend a hand. I have some red stripe Jamaican beer in it for you. I'm coming from sask along #1 or crows nest from Medicine Hat haven't decided yet.

also I have a bog started never did it before but when it warmed up it decided it would do it.
http://youtu.be/T9QE4DlDrVw
havent had time to open it up but it sounds like a power valve cable came off the spool. Because its very consistent at a certain rpm but not at any other rpm

Last edited:

05765scott

Reaction score
Deflection I usually run till just about top cord is showing on secondary, or lift back end off and tighten up until track just quits creeping.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think i meant aligning my clutches, didn't necessarily know the word for it, buddy's dad works at the cat dealership and he borrowed an alignment tool that you set on the clutches and it is basically a straight edge that you align your clutches and then shim or remove a shim from the clutches. It's too late to make a trip this weekend anymore maybe in may, I gues I should go to work Sunday night and make double time and a half.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i meant aligning my clutches, didn't necessarily know the word for it, buddy's dad works at the cat dealership and he borrowed an alignment tool that you set on the clutches and it is basically a straight edge that you align your clutches and then shim or remove a shim from the clutches. It's too late to make a trip this weekend anymore maybe in may, I gues I should go to work Sunday night and make double time and a half.

that does sound like a power valve issues tho

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree completely, i just have to get my turbo out of the shop before i bring this one back in. I guess that's the bad thing about having 4, having the space.

Here's the bar i was talking about.

ive never used that bar before, but my last new belt chirped until i opened the secondary til the track stopped moving.
then i tightened the secondary back up after the belt was broke in.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ya i gotta get the tool to open and close the secondary, i just picked up this sled, it has the 10.4" clutch.
I checked the power valves today and they were both on the spool.

Top Bottom