Anyone know of usefull job boards besides Kijiji and Job bank.gc.ca?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As per title I'm looking for work and google isnt helping much as far as
job boards go.wow jobs and similar sites just seem to be a advertising
ploy and no real info seems to be there.
Any help would be awsome thank's

blar

Reaction score
Working.com is the journal site but it also has "The Web" ad's that list a large amount of posted jobs on other websites.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of work are you looking for?

Been looking for a field operator/power engineer job for a long time,with no sucess.
So,I'm exploring other fields like loader operator jobs like I did when I was a young pup.
Camp job on a crusher I thought would be the way to go,Pay isnt the greatest but lot's
of hours and it should be steady work.

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fort Mac is always hiring. But still need to know somebody to help.
Search the actual company websites.
Try

ABOMB177

Reaction score
What ticket you have? Depending what class you have it will be harder to get a interview since its such a competative field. Knowing someone at these companies is still the best way to get a call. Look at all the companies webistes.

Suncor, Syncrude, shell, agrium, dow, air products, air liquide, cenovus, ATCO, Imperial oil, ALPAC, Whitecourt Power, BC Hydro Capital power, Transalta,Meg Energy, MEglobal, Stat oil...... they all have been hiring in the last few months.

I work in the field and these big companies do post on job banks but more often than not they are just on the companies websites since thats where most people in this industry tend to look. Of those jobs listed above i know most of them have postings out right now.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Company websites are definitely #1 like others have said.

Job boards and head hunters for oil and gas: info oil, workopolis, lake else consulting, total enerflex, swift resources, purestaffing, cbm projects, sancon, mmr, hbk resources, rig zone....

There's lots out there. For power engineering jobs search "power engineering" with the quotes - you'll have much better luck.

Lots of contractors looking for equipment operators too. Flint, ledcor, north American, site services, etc.

Good Luck!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is tons of Power Engineering work, you must not be looking hard enough or don't want to leave Lloyd. We have hired 3 in the last year and more to come in the near future. Starting at $80,000+ with 3 weeks holidays + floaters and a 5 on 5 off schedule. Also lots of field operating jobs as well, ecspecially in the Grande Prairie area ( have had 3 offers since the new year from friends of mine), but like everyone said helps to know people

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I surf Husky,cnlr,harvest,devon,gear,Arc,penwest,clearstream,partner staffing and others
quite often,knowing someone on the inside seems to be the way in.
Thank's for the info.everyone,I'll check some of those other sites out.

Top Bottom