Anyone install a tether

White86

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has done the install and have pictures or step by step instructions

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 very different than 2012, I too would like to see photo's of how everyone is mounting them on the 2012's.

this is where Steve from T&T Powersports mounted mine. I don't have any PICs of the Wiring part of it and don't ask me to dash out and get you some. LOL. If I remember I will snap some when I do my straight pipe and hard tube install. Taking that cowel off is a real PITA and a bigger one to bet it back on.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
The instructions give you the color of wire you are interupting. The instructions say to pull and replace a pin in the main harness, but most will find that next to impossible. At our dealership we solder on that wire before and after the connection in the main harness to "t" in the tether. Around a half hour job.

3-J

Reaction score
I installed one on my m1100 and yes the instructions were helpful but not all the steps were needed. I found that installing the plug according to the drawings was not a good place. It would catch on the side of the vent and possible wrecking the vent if you were to pull straight to the left. I lowered mine and put to the left of the fuel cap. Lots of room and nothing to obstuct it when unplugging.

BOOSTCAT

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem with installing the tether. Installed two on our proclimbs and neither one worked. Maybe im more colorblind than I thought!

Shouldnt have to solder wires on this. Once you pull the inside of the plug back with some pliers, insert a small pin or paperclip into the hole for the wire you want to remove and gently pull on the wire to get out. I used a torch tip cleaner to insert into ours.

Kruchy

Reaction score
I can't get the pin out of the harness? How do I do this? A paper clip or pin in the hole, I will see if I can figure that out.

White86

Reaction score
I ordered the one from cat and didn't have to remove any pins it was simply unplug the harness from the key and plug in the tether then plug the original harness into the tether

Kruchy

Reaction score
Different one that I got from Cat. You have to pull a wire from the harness and replace it with one for the tether which adds it to the electrical loop. Weird.

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that a switch for heated seats on your sled??

P8230464.jpg

Last edited:

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive never installed one but i just had to new tether keys made for my sled from martin powersports in edmonton and it only cost me 80$. just had the call that they're ready so im pretty excited about it and i thought id share.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Different one that I got from Cat. You have to pull a wire from the harness and replace it with one for the tether which adds it to the electrical loop. Weird.

It does the exact same thing as the old ones used to do. It splices into the kill swich system instead of the key wiring. It is different because there is no longer a 2prong plug at the key. I put one on my 2012 M8 and i didnt find it very hard once i fully read instructions and understood how they were making it work.

Top Bottom