Anyone in the Red Deer Area

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i am looking for anyone in the red deer area that wouldnt mind giving me and hand. I just ordered a DJ Clutch Kit for my 09 XP 800X. I hear it is the best kit to go with. But with that being said i know nothing about taking apart or putting together a clutch. This is something i want to learn so i was wondering if someone would maybe have some time to help me out. I have a huge heated shop with tools and everything. I did buy a shop manual for my sled but i dont know if i trust doing it off there or not. I have a bachelor party ride coming up on the easter break and would love to have this kit in for that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would if i didn't have a pile to do...

Ur going to need a spring compress tool too

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would if i didn't have a pile to do...

Ur going to need a spring compress tool too

I have the spring tool for the 09 that threads into the secondary...I guess I don't need it. 40 bucks? I think it was 70 new....

PM me if you want it...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Your request for assistance did not include the term "beer"

Those Ded Rear locals can be easily bought...

Just sayin...

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do I get the tool for the primary?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where are you located dave?
PM me when your kit comes in...the biggest b!tch about doing this kit is getting the belt adjuster off....I'll bet you've never had it off. The rest is easy. Don't bother with trying to hold the gear in the chaincase....just pop the lid off, time for new oil anyways.

Where do I get the tool for the primary?
Primary tool is a puller. CT powersports makes 'em, EPI makes em, Dalton makes 'em...and of course BRP makes 'em.

Might be just as easy to drag the unit out to Dan at Extreme Machines in Sylvan....can't see him dingin' ya more than a couple of hours to do the clutch kit.

Last edited:

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will anyone on here do the intall for $100???

jumpingjack

Reaction score
will anyone on here do the intall for $100???

I can help you out if you have the tools. All of my tools are in Revy. I live 30 minutes south of Red Deer. I'll send you a PM with me number give me a call.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Dave @ Redline in Sylvan a call...he did the helix and spring in my xp in about 30 minutes.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope Ur clutch comes off better than the last few I've done.

Imdooins took boiling water 5 times to get it to pop off.

Is Ur clutch kit just a primary spring and helix??

Vets07

Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you. But it really isn't that hard and I'm no expert just had a "I think I can do it" attitude
This is what I can remember

what you will need is a heat gun, Teflon tape, button holders (I've used wire it's not the best but gets it done) a 2 ft long threaded rod with two nuts nd fender washers bout 1/2" in diameter. Lock tight

Start by removing the belt

then remove your primary bolt wrap the treads with Teflon tape, tip sled on side fill hole with water and thread bolt back in, primary should POP off (there are some good threads on here for that)

Once you have the primary off, thread your bolt so that you have 3 threads into the clutch, hold the outer sheave and whack the bolt head on a bench or the ground if it's really tough.

You should have it apart then and you will be able to inspect the internals and change your ramps and arms, ( i went with djs kit and mnt ramps)

To put primary back together is where it's nice to have the button holders but if not bend wire to make them snug and slide it all back together and bolt it back onto crank to reccomended tourque

To start on the secondary loosen chain,
remove chain case cover (unless u have the top gear holder)
remove bearing holder (Little retainer right behind secondary),
remover top gear retaining bolt in the chain case
remove top gear and tap out shaft with a rubber mallet
I don't have the maual in front of me and forget how I removed the shaft from the secondary and the shop manual shows u how to do that.
Separating the secondary I put the threaded rod with fender washers and nuts instead of buyin the tool works fine just put the rod in a vise.
putting it back together is pretty straight forward just make sure u follow the tourque sequence and spec for the chain case cover I have herd of those cracking .

Best of luck
theres nothing better then sipping on a beer watching sled videos and tinkering on stuff

Top Bottom