anyone have an update on Valemount?

coyote

Reaction score
we rode miledge friday and it was snowing so hard the day was shot,so we went back saturday and in spots it was 2-3 feet deep two of us were the first ones in and i haven,t had such a great ride in a long time,talked to some other guys who went to clemina they said it was good too.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snowwwwing

allen is 2 ft + chappel is 2-3 blue river in town has 3 ft...gunna be good tommorow for sure..:snow:

sleddude

Reaction score
I will be riding Valemount tomorrow with a buddy. Will post conditions when I get back home tomorrow night.

sleddude

Reaction score
Was at Allen Creek on Wednesday. Packed out at the cabin but lots of fresh as we got further back towards super bowl. Weather was perfect, not a cloud in the sky and about -7 C.

chinook75

Reaction score
I was at Allen Creek on wednesday as well and was definately well pounded near the cabin.
Spent thursday and friday at Clemina. On thursday other than our group only saw 5 other sleds out there, but visabilty was very bad. Friday on the other hand was absolutely awesome for me (rookie sledder) as there must have been a foot of fresh snow that dropped overnight. Our group was the first ones out to goat ridge so I had an absolute blast in the virgin snow. Must have been an hour or so before any other groups came out that way. Spent the rest of the day in untouched cut blocks trying to learn some tricks of the trade(this was my fist mountain experience), as its a whole new ball game when compared to ditch banging :p

Had the time of my life! :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thanks chinook75

keep the updates coming in:) ... sounds like you had a great first experience. Well it only gets better from there. Its an "addiction", and only limited by the "money" supply.:(

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at Allen on Sat. We only went as far as the hillclimb hill then we had to turn around. My bro-in-law's sled lost all it's spark about a km from the cabin and I ended up towing it out.:lemon: :lol: It was a hard packed trail all the way over the hillclimb hill; I wish I could tell ya more but I guess chit happens. I'm glad I only had to tow him from there, we were talking to a guy at the cabin, who had a buddy rebuilding an engine way back in the Premier.:sadbanana:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Shredder, that sucks having a sled die on the trail up. The other guy is even more sad, having to rebuild in the back country. I sort of had a situation like that the first year I rode inthe Mountains...really frustrating.

I was at Allen on Sat. We only went as far as the hillclimb hill then we had to turn around. My bro-in-law's sled lost all it's spark about a km from the cabin and I ended up towing it out.:lemon: :lol: It was a hard packed trail all the way over the hillclimb hill; I wish I could tell ya more but I guess chit happens. I'm glad I only had to tow him from there, we were talking to a guy at the cabin, who had a buddy rebuilding an engine way back in the Premier.:sadbanana:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shredder, that sucks having a sled die on the trial up. The other guy is even more sad, having to rebuild in the back country. I sort of had a situation like that the first year I rode inthe Mountains...really frustrating.

Even worse than on the trail up. He was about a km past the cabin, and the sky was just starting to break-up when he went down.:rolleyes: But....there will be other days, and it was a nice easy pull out.:)

sleddude

Reaction score
Will be riding in Valemount tomorrow. I will update on conditions when i return home tommorow night.

sleddude

Reaction score
Poor visibility today at Allen Creek. Couldn't do much but stay near cabin. Reports of some avalanche activity from some riders who went further back.

sleddude

Reaction score
Rode clemina today. Everything completely packed out. No fresh anywhere. Hopefully we see more snow very soon

poorman

Reaction score
Sounds good, We will be there thursday night.Hopefully all you guys dont track up all that good snow.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powderchowder and i are heading to Mcbride this weekend but might hit valemount also if the snow is better.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be in Valemount Friday night so keep those updates comming,doin some snodancin as we speak! Havnt been out for a bit so looking forward to some sleddin!
catmando!:common001: :devildancing: :devildancing: :snow:

Top Bottom